What's next Steinberg? Do tell...

Would love to know what we can expect in the next update :wink:

Holding out for more key commands in the Mix Console.

Shortcuts for mix consoleā€™s 2/3 would be good in case ā€˜mix console 1ā€™ is still acting mad after the update he he :laughing:

I canā€™t tell if the :laughing: in your post means youā€™re being facetious or not, but there are keyboard shortcuts for the all three Mixers. f3, f4, f5 are the defaults.

Hey Steve (and Steveā€™s snake),

Facetious me naaa :wink: but thanks for the info - although its strange you mentioned the defaults for mix consoleā€™s 2/3 being f4/f5 respectively, as I havenā€™t messed with my key mappings, but on mine the mix consoleā€™s 2/3 are undefined by default (unless I killed em by accident - which judging by my typing is possible)! I never really cared as I had no reason to use them previously, but alas on the last update my mix console 1 finally went nuts - so Iā€™ve been using the 3rd one as a remedy! Anyway, as for what Steinberg might magic up next in their Cubase cauldron - the mind boggles but its exciting, and Iā€™m looking forward to the announcement! :stuck_out_tongue:

Regards,

Kat :slight_smile:

Youā€™re right, those are not defaults. Well, they were at some point in history, or I set them up lo these many years ago.

Bounce in place

Multi paned single window layout for arrange page

Please :smiley:

You knowā€¦ for the first time in 6 monthsā€¦ iā€™m not desperate for a new update. I mean, I look forward to all new updatesā€¦ but iā€™m happy at the moment with 7.04, getting lots of work done, a LOT faster than I did in 6.5

+1
Inquiring minds want to know.
{ā€˜-ā€™}

Genuinely curiousā€¦ why faster?

:open_mouth:
what did You do wrong in 6.5 ???

And how can more clicking be faster than less clicking ???
:sunglasses:

Jan, smooth sailing on 6.5 ā€¦ till 7.5 or 8 allows fast working again ā€¦

Ready to buy this! :slight_smile:

Short wish list ā€¦

+1

I would love to see some type of pattern-based editing feature added in version 7.5

This could be a re-design of the current Arranger Track and its GUI, or a totally new editing feature that offers pattern-style editing in Cubase 7.5 imho. This will be an amazing feature to have in Cubase 7 .

Cheers,
Muziksculp

That Performance Meter/dialog from Studio One is, as someone else said, a thing of beautyā€¦ :slight_smile:

Bounce in place is pretty much the only thing I would REALLY like to see in Cubase now.

Another thing that would be nice but highly unlikely to happen is if VST instruments could be loaded in a similar fashion to Logic or Pro Tools, like as an insert on the midi/instrument track itself. Iā€™ve always found it a little annoying to hit F11, load the instrument, then hunt for it amidst the (literally) hundreds of tracks my sessions usually have, then reorganize it.

Whatā€™s also a little annoying is that if the pop-up comes ā€œdo you want to create a midi track associated with ā€¦ā€ and you click yes, the midi track appears somewhere in the session whereas the instrument track appears miles away in that tiny little VST instruments folder. Bit of a clusterfuck arranging everything coherently.

Hey all, :slight_smile:

If youā€™re listening steiny pretty PLEASE (with sugar on top) put a MIDI port/connection REFRESH BUTTON in setup so that PC users donā€™t have to constantly close and reopen Cubase 7 every time they need to change something or their MIDI controller randomly decides to go to sleep for no apparent reason (etc etc etc) - that would be major kudos! :sunglasses:

Its only a tiny request but has still somehow been ignored and continues to drive me nuts since its release but I know many users would appreciate this! (dam why is there no ā€˜begā€™ emoticon?!) Hell if youā€™re too busy just point me at that pesky API and Iā€™ll code it myself!!! :nerd: :laughing:

Kat :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps???

_Cubase / Cubase Artist / Cubase Elements 7.0.5 announcement
by Helge Vogt Ā» Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:06 am
Dear Cubase 7, Cubase Artist 7 and Cubase Elements 7 users,
We are happy to announce the upcoming 7.0.5 maintenance updates for Cubase 7, Cubase Artist 7 and Cubase Elements 7!

Here is whatā€™s new:
Improvements
MixConsole
ā€¢ Key Commands to select Control Link groups
ā€¢ Key Commands for Channel and Rack configurations
_

{ā€˜-ā€™}

Iā€™d take well done Bounce in Place over extra key commands for the mix console all day long.

Being able to name the linked groups, having just a number is a PITA. Come on SB how difficult can it be to by able to type in a name instead of having just a number ā€¦ pretty please :slight_smile:

VCAā€™s ā€¦ 7.5 ?
Linked automation editing
Moveable mixer channels

These three are just so fundamental to having a professional mixer and would finally end any desire to own PT HD.

Bounce in place would be very nice of course.

I donā€™t think Iā€™v ever worked in a DAW that didnā€™t have movable mixer channels and the only reason that I can think of that SB doesnā€™t do this is a must be a real bitch to code. Itā€™s such a basic feature and I canā€™t believe they wouldnā€™t implement this if it was reasonably easy to do.