When can we expect a new update already?? At least for the simple stuff

I honestly can’t tell if that was sarcasm…

Or sardony.

There is complaining like a grown up, and there’s complaining like gaming kiddies. There are just some people who are annoyed and burned by Steinberg’s software releases, where months after launch, promised and marketed key features are not working correctly. And instead of fixing them as quickly as possible, it’s waiting until some new features are ready for release. There’s a lot of pent-up frustration. Many of which would be solved with a dialog. Talking. Like grown up people. But instead, there’s just silence. A patch is announced, apparently. To my knowledge it was not announced on this forum. Somebody said he’s heard from some other guy that a patch should be coming October. Then November. Somebody said November 3rd. Which has come and gone. No official news, just guesswork. Yes, there is a patch coming. When? How? What’s in it? Nobody knows, really. We have no idea what will and will not be fixed. And history has shown, even if something is announced as fixed in patch release notes, it can still be pretty broken (hello VCA, never ending story). We’ll have to see.

Some people are heavily invested in Steinberg and cannot “just switch if they don’t like it”. It’s like a marriage when your business depends on it. You don’t just walk away to the next woman / man lightly. You try to talk. But it’s frustrating if you’re talking to a wall. Yes, going to Facebook with burning torches doesn’t help now that a patch is apparently coming. Let’s see what this patch really fixes. History has shown that bugs don’t get fixed quickly, some not even slowly. While many things could have been avoided if testing and quality management would have had more time with the product. But here’s to hope.

Sometimes it only helps to stand up and protest loudly in the streets. If everybody would keep quiet, how would SB know something’s wrong? And sadly it seems necessary telling SB that it’s not OK shipping software with key features broken. And telling them again and again. If they’d heard our feedback the first time, they would test their key features better. But apparently, they are not. I’m sure the Nuendo devs are not on vacation and are working super hard! But their quality management seems to be really underpowered. And it’s not enough showing up in the forum once for a patch, posting release notes and then disappearing. Grown ups talk to each other. So showing up regularly and informing users that paid for their software what’s going on, what they are working on and how long it’s maybe going to take would be something grown ups do.

Hey guys

Nuendo has been developed to be directly facing PT with Yamaha and Dante integration.
I totally agree that with Pro tools it wouldn’t have been possible to wait so long.
And I love Nuendo much more that you would think, in terms of workflow, possibilities, tools and graphics and more…
But at this time with a support responding one month later with directions on pages of help considering you as a non professional is just far from a professional quality of support. As the product even if I love it. Its instability make me lose money now and don’t miss about that in the biggest studio of the world for the moment, Nuendo is not the standard, even in cinema or télévision…
Give me the proof of the inverse !
I’am really considering to change. Very sad and disappointed.
I will give Steinberg the last chance with the incoming update (We should pray for its to become a reality and not a rumor).
If it don’t resolve MY problems, I will change.
Tired to wait, to pay and to loose money. “Le jeu n’en vaut pas la chandelle” “The game is not worth the candle”

Well, Nuendo 7 + VCA showed us all that we should be careful. Something isn’t smelling right.

And there you have it with all the rumors. Luis from SB just said in another thread, the 8,1 update will come within the next couple of weeks… I really have no idea where all the rumors about an October or 3rd November release come from, but it looks as if we’ll have to wait some more.

Link please…

The official scheduled date is first week of November. If nothing goes wrong the update should be released within the next 3 days.

This I had seen. Can’t find what Chris is refering to… So no rumours. Give link…

Oh, my bad :frowning: Sorry. I just read a post with a fresh reply and didn’t see that the part where Luis says “couple of weeks” is actually 6.5 weeks old. It looked like a recent conversation but now that I’m checking back I’m seeing the date.

Sorry again about the confusion. Glad to realize first week of November might still happen.

Most of all, it’s the silence that is worse in our case.
It do not make people being in trust.
Do we need to become accustomed at this level of amateurism in the way of support and resolution of tools essentials for our works.
We need to know if it’s exceptional or if we have to choose to accept ?
A discussion with friend Chrispolus was about the time that for us is money…
I’am about to consider that for Steinberg they have not the same point of view.
Cheers