When is Cubase 12 coming out

How do you know that? If the opinions here or on FB or Reddit “counted” then why have so many bugs and problems existed for literally decades even though people were pointing them out back in versions 4 or 5? I’m a Cubase noob but lots of time I run into a bug or problem and when I search Google for solutions or workarounds, I find the same problems on posts in ancient forums from long ago.

1 Like

Chiming in here: in fact, being a Steinberg user for decades, the forum and support was and is a pain. Many times Steinberg made it clear that the forum is NOT an official support channel. Wondering though, why they sometimes act like it was authorized for support? Also feature requests, surveys etc. were posted by Steinberg in the forum, which furthermore lets the user think, this is a good place to seek and address advise and concerns. But that does not work well, imho. Seeing things never been fixed when a version “dies” and the new one even carring over bugs for ages let the confidence it the product quality drop. Not saying Cubase can’t be used to make music and be very productive, but it is about the mindset against the humble user base (aka fans). I am looking over the fence and I am seeing things wokring much better that’s why I wish this to happen with Cubase (Nuendo) too. But look at the M1 support topic: other DAWs got a free update, Steinberg wants money, selling it under the umbrella of the “new licensing” model (also asking, why do I have to pay for that?). Today I am not excited for the new Cubase 12 version, since I made my decision to wait and see. In a few years the dongle will no longer work, until then I can still use my older Cubase versions (I am on 11 atm). Next BlackFriday new investment may be made on the other side (where the grass if for sure greener).

2 Likes

I might be wrong but personally I think that Cubase 12 is ready to go since months but they are taking their time to sort out at the best the new Steinberg licensing just to avoid future issues. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

Btw, when talking about “coming out”, what gender does Cubase have, what do you think? :wink:

1 Like

I guess different in each language?

2 Likes

probably this time cubase gonna be a female.
its gonna be without the Dongle !! :carrot:

9 Likes

So here you have the punctual facts, this conversation, as I said, is only a few days ago… so to stop VST2 support isn’t a bit selfish on Steinberg’s part, considering that many UAD users have invested large amounts of money to have high quality plug-ins and audio interface?.. It would be nonsense to say that UAD are focusing on Luna as a reason for not providing VST3, all their VST2 plug-ins are still active, for sale and up to date.

Your i.e. is pointing about VST2… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The VST3 temporally shuts down once it stops detecting audio, so a very long reverb or a very long delay placed in a short audio will be temporally deactivated earlier than expected in those cases, please do some research about, to say that waves or u-he, have poor implementation in their plugins would be totally illogical.

Steinberg doesn’t have Reddit account, however Steinberg have FACEBOOK, they are quite responsive on their social media, and with respect to your question, I know because I follow this kind of cases, in which there has also been an official responses from Steinberg regarding opinions.

On the other hand, the errors of a DAW have absolutely nothing to do with what we are talking about this time, those are common in any existen DAW and most of those that are reported are attended and officially mentioned as fixed by Steinberg, some others are known bugs that are probably impossible to fix to date, besides there aren’t so many or significant bugs, but in any case give examples of which ones you refer…

That message is totally unrelated to the claims you made, it’s just the generic response from their support now. Just to remind what you said:-

There is no information to announce , not there are no plans, this is a BIG difference, and what I’ve continually tried explaining to yourself.

Read what Drew has put out publicly on their forums:
https://uadforum.com/general-discussion/56435-uad-v-vst3.html

Snippets from that thread to highlight examples:-

There’s absolutely no suggestion of a lack of plan towards VST3, or desire to NOT pursue it. I really can’t see how people fail to comprehend what’s being said. It’s just a case of waiting.

I think you’re having troubles understanding this conversation.

You said that there are “no plans” for UA to move to VST3, my point is that ‘IF’ what you said was true, then it would mean UA would be focusing on LUNA as a priority over VST3. That’s why I asked “Do you really see that happening?” i.e. it’s a stupid suggestion.

So I am glad you agree that it would be a nonsense scenario. They have 2 years to move to VST3, and imo you’re over-reacting in the wrong thread in the wrong forum.

So tomorrow is going to be exciting :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Steinberg website is out. :stuck_out_tongue:
Get ready, pull out the credit card and book some days off work. It’s coming .
Cubase Wednesday :red_circle:

2 Likes

But the website never went anywhere and looks just like it has since Cubase 11 was released.

1 Like

C12 either March 1st or June 1st.

2 Likes

Somehow it was not opening in here. But now it is back to normal. I suppose it was little glitch though.
Never mind .

Cubase 12 will be out on Wednesday :joy:

1 Like

25 or 6 to 4?

2 Likes

I think that’s a Cubase 11 woman/musician and that you are a misogynist.

4 Likes

Well,you think,its already a progress

1 Like

You might want to actually look up the definition of misogynist before you use it next time…

2 Likes

Giving up I close my eyes… searching for something to say…

Now I have that stuck in my head. Cubase 12 will be released to to a Chicago soundtrack.

3 Likes

The objectification of a woman that suggests her status is lower than a man’s (just for him to fantasise about, because she couldn’t possibly be a real user of Cubase) is precisely what the term refers to.

1 Like

Please no… That’s one of my mom’s favorite bands ever so through the late 70s and early 80s I was tortured with them and the Doobie Brothers (this is probably why I was a KISS fan)… The nightmares… (Looks over at the first two Chicago records on the shelf)

3 Likes