When is the next Nuendo update?

:slight_smile: … i could add to this … a lot :wink:!

-DOP still has problems when importing tracks from other projekts / import track archive (8.1/ 8.0/ 7.x/ 6.5)
-DOP sometimes loses focus to a clip an won’t process
-Lost sidechaing connections (make me wanna cry!)
-VCA in general
-strip silence lost “process all”
… and on and on …

still, i like Nuendo a lot, but hell its bugs all over the place … still afraid to work with it while clients are around :confused: !
I really hope the people in the beta team are really users who do some real work … so bugs really show up!

all the best

gosh, I had the same thought this week. Im in a place in Nuendo that I dont even know what is a bug, my system, the video format, the vst engine, the kontakt library, the mouse, the midi controller. its a bug? glitch? messy worklow?

the edit window get so messy, so many windows, sometime i struggle to move in the inspector from insert to fader.

Speaking of the Inspector. To me there are so many things simple to add to Nuendo that would be so easy and logical to make working easier.

But I’ll add just one here for no particular reason except it’s on my mind at the moment. Why wouldn’t there be the universal triangle symbols in the top left corner of all the sections of the inspector? Just like any hierarchical menu in any file folder arrangement in the world? A simple way to decide whether the contents of that section are shown or hidden, you know like the folders in the adjacent Project Window… in a nutshell, why aren’t the Inspector sections handle the same way the folders are handled on the same page?Check it and it stays checked.

The end.

Ugh. Don‘t get me in that „complaining about UI“ mood. I could list things here aaaaalll day.

Really have high hopes for the update.
Currently working in N8 can be a struggle, especially when using DOP.
After doing any DOP processing literally I don’t touch the Pool anymore to rename or remove files, as this caused corrupted projects so often already.
Also resaving Projects as a backup with “remove unused files” can cause a corrupt project from time to time.

All the other issues I guess we are aware off aside, but the corrupted projects are really bad.

approximately 4 weeks … around.

Any news?

yep, another month passed. Would be great to have some kind of fix list, just to know what to expect.

Hello,

We are behind the schedule, but the update 8.1.10 has been finally completed yesterday.
The release date for the update is set to March 21.

Thanks,
Timo

TImo thanks for the information abiut the update, which bugs has been fixed?
Thanks
Pablo

Thanks Timo.
Also curious to know what the update is comprised of.

Will this update have a fix for the DLL/Plugin count limitations in the current version?

The Version History will be available also next week.

Thanks,
Timo

:question:

TimoWildenhain wrote: ↑Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:34 pm
Hello,

We are behind the schedule, but the update 8.1.10 has been finally completed yesterday.
The release date for the update is set to March 21.

Today is the day :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The Nuendo 8.1.10 update is now available:

For anyone who missed Timo’s post in another thread, they’re planning to release another free update in May 2018 that will add the new features and other improvements from Cubase 9.5 to Nuendo 8.
Here’s what was added in Cubase 9.5: New in Cubase 12: Time to Embrace a New Era | Steinberg

Excellent!
Running 8.1.10 now.

HUUUUUUGGGEEEE GUI speed improvement!! Finally!

Still slower than Cubase 9.5 on the same system…

Your glass is half empty.