When is WL 9 coming out?

Outstanding!

Thanks for the info!

VP

Oooooh. Exciting! I have everything crossed that this is true.

Awesome news! Thanks for the update!

This is what i call “proper teasing”

Cant wait to get new Wavelab

Please note that he said “More information on WaveLab Pro 9 and WaveLab Elements 9 will be available in about 8 weeks.” and not that it would be out at that time. FWIW

Exactly. Unfortunately for us Steinberg is fond of announcing something - “8 weeks from now” and then making the user community wait 10 more weeks before product is actually available.

In this case - my guess is - proof of concept in Feb 2016 with actual release during Musikmesse in April 2016.

VP

Is there any update?

Is it likely Steinberg will release Wavelab 9 in the next few weeks, or do you feel it will just be an announcement of progress?

Malc

They typically announce a release date a few months in advance, along with some teasers of what’s coming…

Paul

I think looking at the previous posts, they are already teasing!! I just wonder whether or not the '8 weeks to an anouncement is going to be the release or just some information. I wonder…???

Malc

Pehaps we need to wait until Musikmesse 2016: 7-10.4.2016

"8 weeks"from the initial post would sort of co-incide with Winter NAMM.

But we all know that NAMM stands for “Not Available - Maybe 'Messe!”

That self-imposed date is coming closer…
I’m excited and like the way MAJOR is spelled with capital letters. :mrgreen:

HA!
They’ve got a teaser video up on the site. It’s really looking like the WLGUI has finally arrived in our millennium.
Also there was a new multiplugin quite similar to Ozone with a dynamic EQ.

Looking forward to this.

Oliver

The video states “Spring 2016”.

But “what” does Steinberg consider as Spring?

US/Canada Groundhog Day Spring (2nd February = Mild => Spring)
The Astronomical/solar reckoning Spring (19 and 21 March)
The Meteorological Spring (March to May)
Or Musikmesse 2016? (7th April to 10th April)?

As soon as it’s spring in Hamburg I’m going to throw some money at them, that’s for sure :unamused:

This is definition of “spring” to Steinberg in Germany.

VP

Earlier! :slight_smile:

Ah - a reply from an insider!

Earlier is better by me. Look forward to seeing this.

VP

I’m still on WL7 and cannot wait for this update. i wish there was some grace period information because i am very keen to upgrade to WL8.5 but don’t want to be paying twice when WL9 is released.