Why do Audio Mixdown .wav files sound completely different then Cubase stereo outs?

That´s simply not true. Plenty of Posts in here already on how this thesesis can be disproved.

okay. the problem is not real. Just like coronavirus is not real, right svenn?

Ah, Coronavirus of course… :unamused: Obviously there is no real use, discussing with people like you…
I am not saying the problem is not real, but by simply following your steps, I can disprove what you wrote, and so can anyone else who knows what he is doing.
Alone the fact the the meter colours can be adjusted renders your description somewhat pointless. (In my own humble opinion). But of Course you are allowed to hear everything you want to hear.

im not a mac user,is it possible that audio card driver used by DAW is different then driver of other regular audio players ? (in pc ASIO for DAW and WDM driver for general audio)
if so maybe some settings and processing is going on on the DAW audio driver ?
i can’t think of any other reason except this or a problem ,bug or whatever with cubase and your computer.
cubase in normal work definitely won’t cut highs and lows.
hope you sort it out,we need highs and lows badly :slight_smile:

I’m having the same exact problem with Cubase 10.0.60 running on a Dell with Windows 10. Never experienced anything like this in all the years I have used Cubase. The output file sound is lower level, squashed, high frequencies gone, and the stereo image severely collapsed. It sounds like something you would hear over the phone. I just spent three days on a very complicated project, and now this? Any ideas are appreciated, as Lord knows there is ZERO support on anything from Steinberg.

Well, obviously they do not fix your mix at tech support, nor explain the functionality of the program.
Any useful information…? a snippet of the exported file…?

Im so glad this thread is still kinda alive. Like some others, I have the same problems. Im using an older version (6) than most of
the other people, but the problems sounds the same: When I do a mixdown, its always sounds, so empty, no bass, just flat. And everybody can hear the difference. I went through all of the pages, and there were some good tips and things to look at, but still the problem remains.

Im not so techy like others here with this, but I do think there is a problem with audio driver difference between Cubase 6 and other music players. If I do a mixdown and then import it back to the same track, it plays every sound perfect. Otherwise in any other way when exporting, it doesnt.
Please guys, help me (us) out, I included some screenshots( never understood why others didnt?) About what my settings are,
some are in Dutch, but its mostly common things, Ive you have question about that, let me know!

and two more screencaps:

why mono downmix?

1 Like

to make it clear… again
the problem reported by only a few people should be no problem with the Software in general…
it surely is a problem with individual setups

I don’t have this problem and so many others do not have the issue

without screen shots of the control room, export settings dialog or output patching it is nearly impossible to point in any direction
and that’s why many “professional” Cubase user don’t answer this thread in the last weeks
there could be so so much involved… and there is much room for misconfiguration

sometimes the flexibility/complexity is too bad for a simple setup

that is completely b…t

that points to… not hearing the maximizer in your monitors during mix down
but the export renders it in…

I heard it was better? But it doesnt make any difference ( in this problem) if I do or don’t, the issue remains.

Your probably right its a set up thing, but where do I make any changes? Been through all of Windows and Cubase, but my knowledge in this area is still limited. I know this can never be the end result of a mixdown, thats for sure.
And I added screenshot, will add more if anyone needs the info.

No one out there?

screenshot of the mixer window?
wich plugins do U use on the masterbus?
waht do you change right before you export a mix?

I had a couple of tracks that sounded different after mixdown when played through Windows Media Player. This was on a previous laptop that had some built-in “Beats Audio” crap that was adding bass and causing compression and “breathing”. After researching and finding there was no was to disable the Beats audio dsp, I got rid of the laptop. There were some ways to “go around” the beats audio dsp by using different drivers, which is why it didn’t happen in Cubase, because it uses ASIO all the way through. When using Windows Media Player it uses Windows audio until it gets to the audio interface and gets the beats “treatment”. I think I tried using ASIO 4 All and it caused the audio to go around beats audio but as I said I got fed up with it and bought a new computer (it was time for one anyway). Bottom line it that a lot of audio devices these days have built-in dsp.

good point, didn’t thought about that

I added a screenshot of my mixer! I dont make any changes before I export. It is as I show on my 1st picture.
So: Wave File", “Insert iXML”, 44.1, 24-bit, mono mixdown ( or L/R doesnt make a difference,quality just as bad).
I got all individual buses? No groups and the main mixer. And I dont use any 3rd party plugins, just cubase stuff.

Thanks for replying:)

the red sign with clip written in it has to say something

and I can not see any plugin
set your mixer to show plugins and do a screenshot again