Will Steinbeg pre-announce Cubase 9?

Cubit

Im not talking about Wednesday.

:smiley:

Beeep. Wrong answer. Sorry

Cubit was the first name of a cut down LE version of Cubase.

Cubase was called Cubit until beta version 0.808. The name was changed before it was released.

Nope! As I’ve said Cubit was the name of a Cut down version, released long after Cubase. The original name was similar, but it was not Cubit!

Cubit was NOT a cut down version. If you’re thinking of Cubeat, that name didn’t last long. Cubit was the intended name for Cubase right up to the time of its release.

Read this.

According to Dave Nicholson of Steinberg in the thread:
"Cubase was indeed called Cubit in during the development stages, right up to beta version 0.808.

"The name change was necessary because there was a database software provider with an existing product with the name Cubit, and we didn’t want to risk a costly name-change action after the release.

Cubit, as a name was consciously chosen because of its meaning of ‘from the nose to the end of the (king’s) stretched out fingers’ to indicate the eye/mouse/computer relationship - literally what you touch is what you move.

Cubase was quickly selected as a replacement name, even though some people said it now sounds like a database program. We know, and knew then, that the french were less than happy with the name - If you want to know why - ask a native speaker of french."

Review of Cubeat here - This was the cut down version…not the other way around

OK. I guess Steinberg used the wrong name in the two page spread release ad, and on the pre-release beta then. On both the name was Cubeat.

Well, now that that’s sorted out, let’s get this thread back on topic.

What two page spread are you referring to?

To add to the richness, :wink: Cubasis was the name of some of the cut down versions in '96, and now it’s the Ipad version of Cubase.

Steinberg ran a 2-page full spread ad in one of the major British music magazines (the name eludes me now. It was nor SOS), to announce Cubase (Cubeat). I guess the name-change was forced after the magazine had gone to the printers. I know that I shall have it lying around somewhere. I’ll see if I get the time to search for it.

Well, recycling it the big thing these days. It’s nice to see Steinberg doing it’s bit. Isn’t it? :wink:

From the link I previously posted regarding version release dates

Originally called Cubeat, later on Cubit, but changed to Cubase due to trademark issues, this was the successor to Pro-24. Cubase for Atari was MIDI only and ran on the Atari 520ST and Atari 1040ST computers, provided they had 1 Mb of RAM (the 520 with 1 Mb of RAM is effectively a 1040 anyway). It required use of an Atari SM-124 monochrome monitor, which gave a then impressive resolution of 640x400.[2]
The main innovation of Cubase was the graphic arrange page, which allowed for the graphic representation of the composition using a vertical list of tracks and a horizontal timeline. This was much more intuitive and allowed much easier editing than the prior system of parameter lists. It has since been copied by just about every other similar product.

So it wasn’t the first of December then.
Maybe we can hope for release on the first Wednesday in December instead.

Write a tune to recharge your batteries… that will kill a little more time…

And a reminder regarding one of the great rules of the universe:
correlation does not indicate causation.

with this logics’ cubase 10 would be released on December 0,2018 :unamused:

Hey, I made that joke on page 1 of the thread :mrgreen:

mm interesting, but i was not joking :laughing:

No, but humans love it! :smiley: