Windows 10 2004

Can we go back to 1909 in Windows Home?

Try “Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Go back to the previous version of WIndows 10”.

Of course you always revert to the system backup you took before updating :wink:

thanks for answering … but Cubase 11 will be, right? let’s hope…

work works fine and is stable, just that couple of details fixed by minimizing and maximizing the mix console. It also happens with panel F4, hopefully it is requested since it is a trifle …

Well, working so far, just few GUI glitches (perhaps not 100% originated from Cubase’s code), Window borders sometimes have a white bar or are looking littke strange in their borders, until they got moved, then all is fine again. Somewhere here was someone who posted even screenshots of it.
What I noticed is more a Windows thing maybe. Sometimes when I want to access a folder or a drive Windows takes a “nap” and does then open it.
Also happened just today when I wanted to create a new folder via the Windows Explorer. I have no sleep timers active so I don’t know why this is happening.

Thanks! Looks like I’m too late. Fortunately, everything seems to be working all right after I fixed the BIOS settings.
Windows 10.png

I have the same problem, in win10 2004 H1,the latest version,and Cubase pro 10. graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce 710 with the latest drivers

Hi can you elaborate on how you fixed it with the BIOS settings?

Win 10/64 build 2004 with the latest patch installed all working fine here with no issues

Hi thebabegrand,

Sorry for the late reply.

After the 2004 update, Windows wouldn’t even load! All I saw was the blue screen that lets you configure how Windows starts.

My computer startup was changed by the 2004 update so that Windows was using the Windows Boot Manager in the BIOS for the startup. My computer needs to use the UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) to start Windows. So, Windows wouldn’t even start!! It took me two hours of fooling around to figure out I didn’t have a clue as to how to fix the problem.

The internet shows you how to change the start up to UEFI from inside Windows, but Windows wasn’t booting at all, making that yet another totally useless suggestion from everyone, including Microsoft!

Fortunately, one of my friends is a veteran IT guy and came over. He discovered the problem in about two minutes and showed me how to fix it. On one of the BIOS pages, you can change the boot method from the Windows Boot Manager to UEFI. I forget which page or tab. It’s easy after you know how. After he changed that setting, Windows started perfectly. The point is, the 2004 update should not have messed with this very important setting!!! Another Microsoft boondoggle, entirely preventable.

Motto If you want to work on your computer, buy a Mac. If you want to constantly work in your computer, buy a PC :laughing:.

working fine here except for the white line on the mixer now and then. I updated because someone mention it fixed the AA plugin/cubase hanging on exit issue. It didn’t. Everything is running well though, all my hardware and software is working great.

M