Windows 10 - please do not upgrade!

Are we talking Win10 in this thread?
It doesn’t work properly and can’t be used for production.
Is a Problem for some … Not?

My point is, this only becomes a problem if there are no options other than to run on Windows 10. Like the old joke, “Doctor doctor, it hurts when I do this!” – well then, don’t do that.

Clear, …
but what if you have multiple systems some which run on win 8x and some on win 10?
Is it ok having to keep a second PC e.g. at home when you want to edit a project on
weekends just because Nuendo is on no-go with OS Win10?

And: if you buy a new PC ( if you don’t build it up yourself ) it is quite likely that you
get it with Win10 pre-installed. Changing it to Win 8.1 is even more time wasted.

Big K
(currently running systems on XP (Nuendo Dolby Decoder), Win 8.1, Win 10 and linux)

I am running Win10Pro with Nuendo 6.5 NEK. I haven’t experienced any performance issues that have been described by others. My Win10Pro machine was a clean install from Microsoft.

Details:
Win10Pro Retail
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
AMD FX 9590 AM3+
32GB RAM @ 1333Mhz (<–Clock Issue)
4 x WD Green 4TB

To further explain my post above, I have not experienced any issues with running Nuendo 6.5 NEK (64-bit) in Win10Pro. My sessions range from 12 - 64 tracks running multiple plug-ins from Izotope, NI, EastWest, Line6, etc. In fact, my Win10Pro machine runs Nuendo smoother than my old Win7Pro machine. The most significant different between the machines, aside of the operating systems, is the processors. The Win10Pro machine is using an AMD FX 9590 (8 Core) processor and the Win7Pro machine is using an Intel Core i7 990X (12 Core).

A bit off topic, however, most of what I do is video post production. Both of my machines, old and new, are being used for this purpose still (depending on what location I am working in). If rendering a video with non-GPU accelerated plug-ins, the AMD processor is able to render about 9-10 times faster than the Intel chip. If rendering only GPU accelerated plug-ins, there is no significant difference (Quadro K5200 vs GeForce Titan X).

When using EastWest products, the Intel chip could never keep up with the demands which caused a lot of lagging and studdering; especially when 20+ EastWest plug-ins were loaded. I have not experienced any issues with the AMD chip. Same can be said for Izotope plug-ins even when running multiple instances of RX Denoiser. Yes, granted, I should be processing the noise reduction offline, however, I prefer not to in case I should run into any particular portion of the audio where the denoiser should have unwanted affects.

I am by no means attempting to advise anyone to blindly upgrade to Win10 (nor would I ever suggest doing an upgrade; clean retail install of the professional version is the only way IMHO). I am stating that I have not experienced any issues and believe this may be attributed to the AMD processor as this is the only significant difference, physically, between the machines.

I wonder what the ETA is on Windows 10 compatibility. How long does it usually take? 6 months? A year?