2x2_10.PNG
2x2_11.PNG
2x2_12.PNG

MIDISPORT / Win7 cont:
2x2_13.PNG
Thanks a lot,

Paul

Hi,

And also, if it has install correctly, then how please can I create a DESKTOP SHORTCUT? I can not seem to find anything other than the 2x2 INSTALLER when I RUN a SEARCH:

Ta,

Paul

Is there supposed to be a shortcut? My Midex doesn’t have a utility, it either works in standalone mode or controlled by my DAW.
It looks like you installed just a driver, nothing else.
I don’t know the midisport though, maybe I’m wrong.

Hi,

Do you think I need to INSTALL something else as well then please (ie I am missing something)?

Ta,

Paul

I’ll try and install my original Midisport 2x2 today on this Win7 64 system and see what transpires…

Thanks Paul. That would be great! I really need this MidiSport to be working one way or another (for Cubase etc).

Ta.

No, I don’t think you’re missing something. I think you should just fire up Cubase and your midisport will be ready :wink:
Somewhere in Cubase device setup should be a window where you can see which midi devices are currently connected. If the midisport is there you should be able to use it.

Correct.

I just installed the 2x2 in Win7/64.

Once the drivers were installed, all that shows after is the M-Audio program folder from the Start/Programs menu, and in that folder there’s the MidiSport folder with just a readme file and an uninstall file.

In Device Mangler, there’s just one entry under Sound,Video and game controllers, M-Audio MidiSport 2x2 and then
driver details when clicked on.

There’s a manual you can d/l from the M-Audio site also ( it doesn’t come with the driver package ) but it’s totally different from the one on the original CD I have for the old 2x2, the pictures are different compared to my older unit.

My unit is so old all it has for drivers on the CD are for Win98 :mrgreen:

Do you have the original CD/Manuals your unit Paul ?

Thanks Paul,

I won the MIDISPORT 2x2 on eBay a couple of years back, so no hard-copy manual or CD. But thanks for letting me know about the PDF manual.

Yes, my MIDISPORT is also the old model (ie not the Anniversary Edition or similar).

So, were you able to create a SHORTCUT please?

Many thanks,

Paul

There is no reason to have a shortcut, it’s just a driver controlled within an app like Cubase.

Why would you want a shortcut ?

Btw, if you want the old PDF for the 2x2, PM me and I can send it to you via Email.

Hi PB,

I have this MIDISPORT PDF which looks like a one-size-fits-all:

The reason I was asking about a SHORTCUT was because in 50% of instances, I use my Nord, 2 x Yamaha DX synths, and Roland XV5050 module outside of Cubase. So I don’t have to (or want to have to) connect my Steinberg Dongle or SoundCard each time. I do other things like SAVING/EDITING/LOADING patches etc (to the DX, NORD and XV5050 EDITOR’s) which do not require Cubase.

Thanks a lot,

Paul

There doesn’t seem to be such a thing Paul. The midisport 8x8 apparently has some remote control software but the 2x2 doesn’t.
If you want to use your gear without Cubase, you need a midi patchbay or just hook them up directly to eachother.

Strophoid,

Mmm, that’s annoying and a shame, but I guess there is not much I can do about it. But I hear what you are saying thanks. It’s either use the MIDISPORT with Cubase, or otherwise purchase a PATCHBAY so that I can use it in isolation.

Not sure if the more modern 2x2 (ie Anniversary Edition) would work as a standalone?

Ta,

Paul

Hi again,

I spent an hour this morning trying to get the MIDISPORT 2x2 installed on my Win8.1. I am encountering problems during the installation though.

It has worked before (I am quite sure I installed the Win7-64bit-SP1 version). Anyway, please see screen shots below. Again, I really do need to get this working because otherwise I can’t hook up my Yamaha DX synths and Roland XV5050 module:
2x2_1.PNG

2x2_3.PNG

Win8 / 2x2 cont:

2x2_6.PNG
Many thanks in advance guys . . .

Best,

Paul

Strophoid took the words right out of my mouth !

I’ve always used a midi patchbay, and maybe that’s why I couldn’t understand the need for a “shortcut”

You just make presets for different routings for midi gear, press a button and you’re done, no need to even have the computer running.

I see you’ve posted while I’m typing this so I’ll check the post out after.

EDIT: I don’t use Win8 , never will, so I can’t help you there, sorry.

HI PB,

Ok, fair enough. So at least I know the avenue to explore if I decide to take this option. Thanks.

No worries. Perhaps someone else might be able to kindly shed some light here.

Thanks a lot,

Paul