WL 10.0.30 crash BIG TIME

Yesterday I was doing some mastering of a vocal track. I have been sticking to WL 9.5.5 but decided to try WL10.0.30. It was a mono track 44/1 and 24 bit. I was using FAB Filter Pro-Q 3 VST-3 MONO version. I got the setting I wanted and attempted to save the setting. WL froze completely and I had to use CTRL - SHIFT - ESC to get out of the crash. I did the rest of my mastering in WL 9.5.5 This was something so simple it boggles my mind that WL would crash. This is not the first time that WL 10.0.30 has stopped working but never has it frozen the whole computer. Is there something inherently different between WL 9.5.5 and WL10 that would make it unstable? I guess I will keep using WL 9.5.5 until I feel comfortable with WL10.

This was on a PC not a Mac.

Where did you use FAB Filter Pro-Q 3 VST-3 MONO version? A mono track in WaveLab is a mono source transformed as a stereo stream, hence you should use plugins that handles stereo.
This being said, that does not explain your freezing from the WaveLab POV.

deleted

Hi PG

does that mean we should be using only stereo plugins on a mono Montage track?
I can understand in the Master section, or output section of the Montage…

Sincerely

You can use mono plugins on mono clips, but better use stereo plugins on the track that host these clips.
This being said, use VST-3 plugins rather than VST-2 plugins and you don’t have to worry about that stuff.

Are you saying that a stereo VST3 plugin can determine whether a track is mono or stereo and perform as if it were a mono plugin if it needed to?

In updating from WL 10.0.20 to 10.0.30 the software now hangs on the rescan of plugins. Can’t go any further. Had to delete WL and go back to 10.0.20 and it now working again. I tried 10.0.30 and both times I had to Force Quit on the Mac OS 10.14…6

Are you saying that a stereo VST3 plugin can determine whether a track is mono or stereo and perform as if it were a mono plugin if it needed to?

It is rather: WaveLab can ask the plugin to use the proper number of channels. In VST-2 normally yes too, but the specification was not so clear, and I believe this is the reason some plugin manufacturers provide both a mono and a stereo version of their plugins.

In updating from WL 10.0.20 to 10.0.30 the software now hangs on the rescan of plugins. Can’t go any further. Had to delete WL and go back to 10.0.20 and it now working again. I tried 10.0.30 and both times I had to Force Quit on the Mac OS 10.14.6

Did you try after rebooting your Mac?

To assist PG … where was this inserted … master section or montage? If it was a montage whereabouts?

My Wave plugins are certainly available as mono or stereo but they are all VST3. Interesting, PG. My iZotope plugins are VST3 also and they do not offer a mono stereo option, and, coupled with the fact that they offer M+S options (within the plugin) that operate properly, this makes sense, mono in and the M+S control deals with the stereo signal out. Wow, PG, I’ve never heard anyone talk about this until today, thank you!

Too, considering that WL offers the M+S option to all plugins I should have realized this…

Master section in the edit window. The mono version of FAB Filter Pro-Q 3 VST-3 worked fine in WL 9.5.5

Same problem with WL 10.0.30.Trying to save a preset for FabFilter Pro-DS . It froze WL so I had to use CTRL Shift and ESC to get out of WL and then I had to reboot my PC (Windows 10 Pro with all the current updates). This is the third time this has happened. I am in the edit window working on a mastering project for a client. Never ever had this problem with 9.5.5. Ideas or suggestions??? Thanks in advance.

Using FabFilter save function, or WaveLab save function?

This is the third time this has happened

With the same plugin and operation?

Different plugins but all are from FabFilter. I just downloaded the latest updates and will install them and see if that helps.

Thanks for your help as always.

Using FabFilter save function, or WaveLab save function?

Same as others, I had been sticking with Wavelab 9.5 as had found 10 really unstable, but decided to try the new update. Working fine on a master until the meters suddenly froze. Playback still working for around 1 min and then full crash. Had to delete the Mastersectionpreset.dat file to get to reopen, as I have auto load last settings for my master channel. Was just playing around with stuff so unfortunately don’t have details on plugins etc, bu they are ones that work fine in 9.5.

Saved a crash report can email if needed.

Working on MacOSX 10.14.6 on Macbook Pro 14,3.

Have to go back to 9.5.

Yes, please email a crash report to see if the crash happens in the plugin or in WaveLab.

Using WL’s save preset. It turns out I cannot save any new presets for ANY PLUGINS but I can recall any that I have saved in the past with no problems. I assume it is a folder problem so how do I solve this? Thanks in advance for ANY help. Windows 10 Pro with all the updates.

It turns out I cannot save any new presets for ANY PLUGINS

What happens when you try this?