WL 10,0,30 update Bugs/broken info

Thank you for looking into this PG, it’s much appreciated!

The bridging aspect of Metaplugin can be bought on its own for less money:

Paul

and as jbridge developer already stated, and i can by experience (as a normal user, not as ex-programmer) say: a lot of developers do not follow the standards, which makes the workflow strange. more and more developers, for example, have plugins that when you change the preset (i mean load a new preset, not change the preset itself…), they do not return the state the host. so you get jumpy “controllers”. a simple call, me thinks.

i can of course have good reasons to divert from standards, but it doesn’t help for stability.

but, when you look at unfiltere audio, they had a lot of problems, they where bugs, they fixed them, and it works now. strange sentence, almost “empty”. they react to users, how a plugin acts in a host. sometimes plugin developers, forget things. and not all of them are great in graphical performance, that is another area, than dsp…

You wrote “I do not have any problem to contact jBridge developer, in fact I will do inmediately, but please could you make us a favour to the users who support your software: RESPECT US and test every release prior to be public. I do not want to be your tester. Just I pay for the software. Please make you work well.”

Suggesting that he does not test as best he can with the resources he has is simply an assumption and to me at least, disrespectful. Testing jBridge is likely low on the list, but a polite request to look into it as we have seen, has already proved fruitful. Such is the nature of PG, something rare in the world of Steinberg support.
Thanks PG, great work on the latest release :smiley:

+1

I finally can report that all iZotope plugins are working much faster with the 10.0.30 version

@ PG

Thanks for looking into this!
I’m hoping you’ll be able to get us a sub patch/fix for this soonest!

also , thanks for the tip"
"You mean several 10.0 versions? Yes it is possible.
Duplicate the folder:
WaveLab Pro 10.0
as
WaveLab Pro 10.0.20

Then reinstall to get 10.0.30 inside the 10.0 folder.

There is no limit to that. But only one version can run at a time, and settings are shared."

This works like a dream, and I can now compare things directly!

Sincerely

Yeah, none of my jbridged plugins are working now. And it’s none of anyone’s f-ing business why I want to use whatever plugins I want to use. Some of you guys are just home enthusiasts who play around with music, I’m actually a working professional and people depend on me. There’s no reason for this to be happening. I have literally thousands of songs I’ve mastered over the years that I may need to recall the settings for, and now I can’t do that. SMFH

Did you contact the developers of the plugins concerned and where possible request that they develop 64-bit versions of their plugins?
Did you contact the developer of jBridge?
Did you test or consider an alternative to jBridge? such as DDMF Metaplugin or DDMF Bridgewize?

No, I’m contacting the developer of Wavelab because he’s the reason it’s not working now. Don’t patronize me. Everything has been fine for many years until now. There’s no reason for jbridge to all of a sudden not be working, especially with such an insignificant update to Wavelab. I’m supposed to go out and buy MORE software because of some random change in the software that I’ve been using for 15yrs? Did you miss the part about me having thousands of song mastering settings saved? If things don’t load up exactly the same way, then I’m screwed. Will things load up exactly the same if I use DDMF Metaplugin or DDMF Bridgewize? Since you seem to have all the answers, do you have the answer to that??

Maybe a better idea would be to stop using buggy software like Wavelab? Because with every update there seems to be a host of silly problems, like the loop function not working properly on the last version.

I wasn’t trying to. I understand your frustration.

Apparently, the issue is on the jBridge side of matters. However, regardless of that PG is providing a workaround for it in a future version. See PG’s post on this above.

In addition, I’ve just noticed that the jBridge developer is also aware of the issue. See Grundman’s post:

So you could probably expect a fix in the next maintenance release. In the meantime, the DDMF software might provide a temporary fix if you’re working on something urgent. That’s why I suggested it. Good luck.

Oh, I can answer that for you. Do you still have DAT tapes from even longer ago? Did you keep the DAT-recorder? Cassette tapes with a cassette player? In other words, if you want 15 year old masters to be fully reproducible in 2020 - keep the machine you used for those 15 years, freeze it the way it is and don’t connect to any network. And let the rest of us go with the times.

BTW, you probably missed it, but Philippe was friendly enough to fix the problem in jBridge for the next WL update.

PG is the BEST. Why are you in such a bad mood and why is your anger directed towards the developer who is trying to help you? I have been with WL since version 1.6.2 and yes there have been some hiccups along the way but I am still a loyal user after 25 years. There are always work arounds and I cannot use some plugs I used 10 years ago so I have to improvise and find new ways of doing the same thing. If any DAW software worked with any plugins developed in the past 25 years it would be a miracle. There are some plugins that I used back when that are no longer compatible with WL and the plugin developer is either out of business or has never updated their original 32 bit plugins. So I find other ways of working. That is what we all do. Before WL I was on a platform that is not even made anymore and I lost about $6,000 in the process when they went out of business. Yes I was upset but I found WL and it has been my go to DAW software since 1995.

FWIW