WL not remembering path of last opened montage file

Interesting point. My instrumental masters always have [Instrumental] after the song title. When moving between sample rates my source files always have the same file name, just different sample rate. Occasionally there is a variation but not often.

Maybe there could be some intelligence so WL could match exact or similar file names to make it easier and faster, but then the user could manually fine tune as needed.

I also pictured it as a thing with the source file in a left column and the “replace with file” in the right column.

The original point of this thread is getting a bit frustrating though.

Right now I am re-opening about existing 12 montage files from the same folder to render the final master WAV files.

When I choose File>Open>Montage, Wavelab keeps looking in the Documents folder first, even after I have opened a montage from the dedicated folder for these montages.

Then I close Wavelab, change no settings, reopen it, and then Wavelab remembers the correct folder path I am trying to open all 12 montage files from.

“Keep Last Used” and Change when X folder changes is selected on both the Audio Montage Save and Open folder preferences.

Okay, more news on this. It has to be a freak bug or something.

I tried using the “Replace Audio File…” option in the right column as PG suggested, rather than the option on the waveform.

I can clearly see the path to the 96k files that I want to be grabbing. It’s at the top of the list which is great.

The problem is that when I select that path, the Documents folder on the main OS drive is what pops up, not the path that I can see in the list and select.

I made a video here;
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20660906/WL9_Tests/WL_8-5_Replace-Audio_Folder_01.mov

You can see in the video that once I replace a few files and manually find the right path for each one, quit Wavelab and reopen, then the “Replace Audio File…” shows me the right path immediately.

It would be so nice to get this sorted out.

I’m still dealing with this issue and I can’t tell if it’s an OS X problem, WaveLab problem or somewhere in between.

It’s so strange that in the “recent places” list of the dropdown, it shows the actual recent place, but the actual folder/path that opens is the Documents folder on the OS drive.

The only way I can get the WaveLab browser to act normally is to access a file from a desired location, quit and relaunch WaveLab…then the desired recent folder is automatically loaded when I go to do things like “Replace Audio File…”

I tried resetting the OS X Home Folder as Bob suggested awhile back and that didn’t solve it.

don’t know if this is relevant, but it seems pretty similar.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-macword/getting-word-to-open-from-most-recent-folder/6b7ef01a-3147-457c-b1b3-d67ea8ad5b64

i’m still on mountain lion, so don’t have yosemite to test.
also seems related to previous open from file/open vs recent vs shortcut maybe? I’m not clear on that from that ms thread.

Thanks Bob, that does sound similar. I didn’t find solution in that thread though. Did I miss that?

I’m wondering if anything can be tweaked in WaveLab to avoid this. I don’t remember this happening until recently, but I can’t say for sure that it started directly with Yosemite.

I think the solution was probably a fix from Microsoft for Word on Yosemite Mac.
Have you gotten confirmation from anyone that they can reproduce or not reproduce the problem in Yosemite, given your exact same procedure?

edit: but looking at the thread again, there’s a recent post that says the problem is possibly back. Maybe Apple, maybe Microsoft problem ? I don’t know.

I see. Maybe PG can weigh in and have this resolved in the next update. I haven’t seen or heard of anybody else that can confirm but I’m guessing that number of WL users using Yosemite that notice or care about this might be fairly small.