I just wanted to share a workaround for drawing horizontal straight arrows.
like the one here:
Dorico file here:
horizontal arrow.zip (422 KB)
It’s a long process that I explain below.
If anyone has a better way to do it, please share!
I’m sure Dorico will soon find an easy way to do it in a future update:
- Create a Sustain Pedal (Write mode => Playing techniques => Keyboard => Sustain pedal)
- in Engrave mode, go to Engrave Menu => Engraving Options => Pedal lines => Design => Hook only
- in Engrave mode, select the sutain pedal, go to properties => Line start Hook = No Hook / Line End Hook = No Hook / Line Width = 0.7 (for example)
- Go to https://w3c.github.io/smufl/gitbook/tables/arrows-and-arrowheads.html => copy the arrowBlackRight for example
- In Dorico Write Mode, insert a musical text (Shift X => Music text) and past it. Choose the appropriate size (46 points for me).
- In Engrave Mode, go to properties => uncheck “Avoid Collisions” and drag the arrow at the end of the line.
Hope this helps.