Workaround Options: One side of the UI is cut off on Android phones with display cutout

Dear all,

A few Android users did notify us about a problem, where the user interface of Cubasis is cut off on specific Android phones featuring a display cutout.

While our engineering is further evaaluating the topic, we encourage you to try out the following workarounds in immediately resolving the problem.

We apologise for the inconvenience, and hope that the given workarounds will be of help for you.

Stay safe
& warm greetings,
Lars

Workarounds
The availability and naming of the setup options depends on the device model and Android version.

Enable the camera cutout
This setup option is available on many Samsung smartphones, but not on all devices. If it’s not on your device, try another workaround.

• Open the Settings
  • Tap “Display”
  • Tap “Camera cutout”
  • Tap “Cubasis 3”
  • Tap “Show camera cutout”

Set Cubasis to be a fullscreen app
This setup option is available on many Samsung smartphones, but not on all devices. If it’s not on your device, try another workaround.

• Open the Settings
  • Tap “Display”
  • Tap “Full screen apps”
  • Enable the switch next to “Cubasis 3”

Enable the notch in Cubasis
This setup option is available on some Xiaomi smartphones, but not on all devices. If it’s not on your device, try another workaround.

• Open the Settings
  • Tap “Display”
  • Tap “Control center & Notification shade”
  • Tap “Notch in individual apps”
  • Tap “Cubasis 3” and select “Always show notch”

In the developer options, set "Display cutout” to “Render apps below cutout area”
This setup option is available on some Google Pixel smartphones. If it’s not on your device, try another workaround.

• Enable developer mode
  • This is different from device to device, we recommend that you search for “enable developer mode on ” and follow the instructions. Here is how to enable it on many Samsung devices:
  • Open the Settings
  • Scroll all the way down and tap “About phone”
  • Tap “Software information”
  • Tap “Build number” 7 times, or until an info text appears saying that developer mode is now enabled.
  • Then, open the Settings again
  • Scroll all the way down and tap “Developer Options”
  • Scroll to "Display cutout” and set it to “Render apps below cutout area”
2 Likes

Perfect. I did this and now all is in place on my screen.
Running on Android 13 Samsung Galaxy Note20Ultra 5G.

Enable the camera cutout

Open the SettingsTap “Display”Tap “Camera cutout”Tap “Cubasis 3”Tap “Show camera cutout”

2 Likes

Gracias. Me sirviĂł lo de la muesca en Xiaomi 11

Hola @luisv1692,

Gracias. Me sirviĂł lo de la muesca en Xiaomi 11

Gracias for your message!
We’re glad to read that the workaround immediately resolved the problem for you!

Stay safe,
Lars

1 Like

This didn’t work on my LG G8X. You should add resize interface options internal to the app. Really frustrating that a $30 app has problems none of my other apps have.

Hi @peterbdespain,

Thanks for your message and sorry for my late reply, due to seasonal holidays.

The issue is planned to be resolved in the next Cubasis update. We are sorry for the inconvenience!

Best,
Lars