Working with the M-Audio Oxygen Pro Series (49/61 keys)

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone is working in Cubase with the M-Audio Oxygen Pro 49 or 61 keys and have any input about the UI integration, key feel, controls and ability to edit controls.

Thanks, Nicolas.

Hi,

Sorry, I haven’t found your device in the shared-midi-remote list.

Oh that’s sad… But I was asking because I don’t have it and wanted to know how the user experience is.

I use Pro 49 and it is fantastic, great feel, tons of features

1 Like

Hey Nicolas,

I have the Oxygen Pro 49 and it works great in DAW mode. The faders match up with the mixer view, transport controls, mute/solo all work. I haven’t figured out how to change patches through the virtual instruments using the keyboard only yet, but I’m still new to this controller. The pads work really well with what I use it for. I mostly use reason for my sounds. The only thing I’m trying to figure out how to fix, and its killing me, is how I go about using both my V1-m and Oxygen pro both in Mackie mode at the same time… The control works, but when I connect my Oxygen and put it in Mackie mode, the first 8 faders disappear from my V1-m and I’m only able to control them using my Oxygen. Other than my lack of knowledge with that, All good so far!!

Hope that helps

1 Like

Hi, artists,
I bought the oxygen pro 61 yesterday and I’m working on a script for the remote control. It’s not as easy as all that, especially with the encoder. If I can come up with an efficient and useful script, I’ll be happy to share it with you.

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I set up the oxygen pro and cubase without any problems by following the instructions on the m-audio site.
For those who want, here are screenshots of the configuration in studio device on cubase 13.

Then I created the midi remote control for the oxygen pro 61.
Here’s a screenshot.

It works pretty well.
My first problem is that I can’t (or don’t know how to) configure the encoder in the middle, the one that turns infinitely and can also be pushed.

Second problem, the oxygen pro works with 4 controller banks. For example, the 1st fader in bank 1 is associated with Midi CC 00 and the same fader in bank 2 is associated with Midi CC 9. This is great, as it gives us 4 times more controllers than the physical number of controllers on the keyboard. Yes, but I don’t know how to configure the midi remote control in cubase to indicate the different banks. If it doesn’t exist, it’s an update to add in my opinion, as many other midi controllers work with banks.

I should point out that in DAW mode on the keyboard (oxygen pro), the keyboard works with Mackie control. So you need to use the “M-audio oxygen pro editor” software supplied by M-audio to make any changes. I’ll have to look into this further.

As you can see, you can only use cubase’s midi remote control on the oxygen pro keyboard’s “PRESET” mode.
But at the moment I can’t use all 4 banks of the keyboard with midi remote control.

One of my goals is to control the vsti sylenth1 (which I highly recommend), and I need lots of buttons, faders, knobs… And for the moment I’m also using the M-audio oxygen pro Editor rather than midi remote control because of the banks I don’t know how to configure.

Thanks for any help or advice.

PS: I’m on Windows, can you remind me in which folder the midi remote control scripts are located?

Hi everyone,
my brain is a bit slow as I just figured out how to use the midi remote control assignment pages which are actually the same thing as infinite banks…
What’s more, you can assign controllers to different buttons on a VST instrument just by using the mouse on the desired button. In short, I’m very happy. Thanks steinberg.

There’s only one problem left: how do I configure the push-button encoder? But I’m looking and I’ll find it… I hope.