Wow, just wow.

How?

Go to this link, then click the Get It button at the top right: Dorico: Music Notation Software | Steinberg

If you go to the new Dorico product pages here you will find a red Buy Dorico 3 button on the right-hand side. Choose Dorico Pro 3 and then choose to buy an update from Dorico Pro 2 or Dorico 1.x as appropriate (the two updates have different prices and require you to have the appropriate license on your eLicenser, so make sure you choose the right one).

Thanks!

I actually did my crossgrade to Dorico yesterday not knowing that Dorico 3 was so close. But boy have you made some great improvements! The upgrade is worth every penny. And my old Finale and Sibelius licenses will no longer be updated. Dorico has it all! Excellent work!

The upgrade shouldn’t cost you anything, then - there’s a grace period…

If you first activated Dorico 2 (or indeed Dorico 1) on or after August 8 then you are eligible for a grace period update. Enter your eLicenser number here. Some users who activated between August 8 and August 15 may (temporarily) be told that they’re not eligible, which is a configuration problem in the system that should be fixed by next week. Those people should contact me directly (either via PM on the forum here or by email at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de) and I’ll be able to help you.

Are the Steinberg servers neearly out of bandwidth, or is it just me?

It’s quite slow for me too. But Dorico 3 is here, and it’s downloading, so that’s what counts :wink: So for now, I am content watching all the new videos and reading the Scoring Notes reviews until the live stream happens.

It’s a piece of good news for the team, really!

[/quote]

It’s quite slow for me too. But Dorico 3 is here, and it’s downloading, so that’s what counts :wink: So for now, I am content watching all the new videos and reading the Scoring Notes reviews until the live stream happens.
[/quote]

Where I can download Dorico 3? I found only Dorico 2!

Where I can download Dorico 3? I found only Dorico 2!
[/quote]

:slight_smile:))

Congrats Daniel on your presentation ! It looks like StreamDeck was part of the show too :slight_smile:
You and your team have achieved a remarkable tool, thanks so much!

Thank you very much TEAM!
I have buy and installed now the 3 version.
It’s a very great work!
Thank you!!!

When you release a version 3.0.10?
:slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed totally, Marc - and it was good to hear that a playback template for Iconica Sections and Players should be coming in a later 3.x release (queried by me, answered in the chat by Anya).

For anyone who wants to relive the ‘unfortunate gravitational incident’ with the Steinberg logo, click here!

Haha, you guys are making sure that little bit of fun does not go unnoticed, huh?

Just for some clarification: while it is possible to use Iconica with Dorico 3.0, in particular using the channel switch actions in the expression map, there’s more that is required in Dorico in order for us to make it possible to load Iconica patches automatically and correctly route the playing techniques over multiple patches. This is something that we hope to address in a future version, but as usual we can’t commit to exactly when.

Good work, Dorico staff! I was glad to see the ability to route voices to different sampler tracks. Not so much for me, but I saw some comments in forums that your large orchestral project types felt that was essential for them. I will make use of the routing/play templates. I just got the full version of halion, so at the very least, I would like to have a template that uses that.

Thank you for the further clarification, Paul. So much work has clearly gone into Dorico 3.0, and I appreciate that there is much that will be refined in the future. I hope to see full support for Iconica Sections and Players in a future 3.x release - understandably with no timescale at present and no guarantee it will happen in the 3.x product cycle. Iconica Sections and Players is an excellent library and is currently on sale at 30% off (or has the INSTRUMENTS19 promo code sale just finished?).

The choir playback library was a surprise - and a very welcome one.