10.0.20 -> PROBLEM STILL EXISTS with PITCH SHIFT - (DOP) with many audio excerpts!!

Regarding Update 10.0.10…
So I am trying to dedicate some time here to see how DOP is behaving…

Pitch ENV on - or + semitone looks that are back to normal…
without a problem of length of the audio file… with the time correction OFF … is working as expected!

BUT…

When you have to deal with excerpts there is a problem still…

When you make some excerpts of a long audio recording, let’s say 1/16 (size 1/32) …
if you pitch up 128 excerpts or 257 excerpts … without time correction… the pitch up is working as expected…
BUT if you pitch down is NOT!
Only until 50 excerpts is working … more than 50 excerpts the length is not changing …

And ALSO the UNDO function is pretty slow …

Check images!
(The Top AUDIO Track showing the excerpts original length size)

Thanks for spotting that one! I hope they see and fix this. I cannot really believe these weird bugs.

OK I also noticed something connected with the pitch:

when you apply a pitch envelope to a sound and then later, decide to import that same sound again via the file explorer, it gets imported only with the pitch envelope you applied earlier - despite the fact I am importing a completely new version of that file. it seems to me that cubase isn’t handling file versions correctly

I might sound like a broken record, but that’s because I’m old school. :wink: If you are in EU or USA report this specific thing via your SB account as well, the OP issue is one many users will never come across, and might be ‘under reported’ so to speak. :nerd:

Thanks, I doubt this will help much, but I submitted a support request. Things like these take weeks until they are answered. But we will see :wink:

True that, but now it’s documented, and they will see it. In the forum maybe they will see it, but support tickets are a a formal process. (slow as it is)

10.0.20 …
Still, this issue is not fixed … :frowning:

*** Small Update : Looks that when you pitch down (ex 5 semitones) the function is working !!
Only when you pitch up … is not …
(Just try it with 1.996 audio excerpts … )

Any change to know if this issue is recorded as an issue from you guys?
Is something to expect that will be fixed in the future?

Pitch shift with timestretch is also super broken…
It’s was also like this in 9.5.

Hope this is fixed soon

The problem still persists with 11.0.10. If I uncheck time correction with envelope pitch correction, no processing is applied