8.0.10 is here

Oops, you’re right. I butchered a snide “joke” that wasn’t even funny to begin with. And, ironically, all I did was add to the noisefloor. My apologies.

I guess what we really need is a bug and feature tracking / voting tool, like some other apps have.

I just wish we had a more precise and actionable way to voice desires and frustrations (like bug and feature voting).

I feel there is great wisdom in these forums that Steinberg would do well to data-mine.

I’ll shall never speak of this silliness again. Let’s all just carry on and randomly complain away per usual. :smiley:

I see your point and I agree. However, this “Zoom while locating in time scale” checkbox is a dead simple workflow thing that has been working properly since Cubase SX2. Since 8.0.0 it’s broken, and after two updates it is still broken. It is an obvious case of pure negligence and sloppiness.

EDIT: It does however make sense that it hasn’t yet been fixed, given that the build apparently is dated Jan 22 and the issue was confirmed at a later date.

After a solid day’s work with 8.0.10 I have only 2 issues which continue to be a problem on my system, but I have workarounds so I’m very, very happy that I can now use 8 properly.

Mixer channel widths STILL resizing when switching between Workspaces on my system. Opening a single mixer with F3 works as expected.

Occasional crash when using RIP on Ensemble instruments. I haven’t pin pointed the problem, so export audio suffices when needed.

All in all, amazing!

Metronome: sorted

POD Farm 2.5: working

Status: over the moon. Been wanting to use Cubase 8 since Christmas!!

its so easy to please Cubase users! Here’s how its done…101 style.

1:/ remove basic function thats been present since Cubase 1.0 [eg Metronome]
2:/ update Cubase and re-instate basic function thats been present since Cubase 1.0 [Metronome]
3:/ experience happy customers bouncing around everywhere throwing praise and joy for the brilliant programmers at Steinberg for re-instating basic function thats been present since Cubase 1.0 [Metronome] ! yay for Steinberg and Cubase they are so cool ! Metronome works!

is this right? or am i missing something?

Yes, you are missing all the amazingly innovative and powerful tools that Steinberg have added over the years. Little problems like the metronome issues are trivial in comparison and if such problems are showstoppers for you personally then you simply keep using an earlier version until the issue is solved.

So far so good here but I haven’t re-introduced any waves plugins yet (they crashed all the time with 8.0.5 on my system). I will do that this weekend

Not to sound snide, but the Metronome (or lack of correctly functioning one) is definitely not a “little problem”. I understand your point though.

Although a quick and easy workaround (the one I’ve been using) is to drive a sidestick in GA 4 from the metronome midi data. A pain - but it works.

Hahah, very funny! Well, we now have Render In Place, which has been on my wish list since forever. So, there’s that. And other stuff!

4:/ getting rid of idiots & trolls that show little respect for the marvels of the worlds most advanced DAW would get me jumping up and down for joy.

No spikes with an old HDSP Multiface, here.

Exactly! In the time it takes to go on this forum and talk about how terrible things are without a metronome, you could probably have set one up in just the way you’re talking about. lol.

Not fixed. Staying at 7.5 until addressed. Basic functionality… C’mon, please?!?

Not quite but I like where it will eventually be. For us, the performance boost and the VSTis are appreciated as well as the channel settings display revamp. This release is now working solid for us too.

I’m curious, does a GUI ever appear? Or do they crash before the UI shows?

5: Getting rid of fanboys who think a BASIC metronome is not an important function in a DAW thats so advanced and marvelous would make me smile as well :blush: :open_mouth: A correctly working metronome would show respect for the customer :unamused:

Never been called a Fanboy before, always thought that was a slur reserved for the Apple guys. I must admit that it took me about two minutes to set up a work around so I never got my panties in a knot like some of the princesses on here. Now the problem is fixed but the princesses still remain. Anyway back to the star of the show, C8 Pro, woo hoo! :unamused: :arrow_right: :frowning:

If you’re not a fanboy and make money using Cubase then don’t whine over here, make sure you know your work-a-rounds so you can keep the flow going. As said before it’s not a war amongst us :mrgreen:

I’ve had no issues with Waves since 8.0.0. FYI I know Waves can be very fussy with system-dependent stuff like graphics cards, so could well be an issue with some folks given the graphics overhaul in C8. FWIW I found GeForce plays nicely with Waves, Radeon definitely doesn’t.

Metronome and windows-naming all fixed and working here. Both were relatively minor irritants, but good to have them back to normal.

VE pro fix is slated for 8.0.20. I suspect that will have other ASIOguard tweaks.

I never had spiking on my RME Babyface - was working fine for me before and still fine now.

Only glitch I’ve found today (which may have predated 8.0.10) - strange behaviour of a deactivated instrument track with multi outs on re-loading a project or template. First you get a pop up window asking if you want to remove the unconnected tracks every time - would be nice to get rid of this. But when you then activate the track, I’ve had two issues - first, midi input is disconnected; second, I sometimes get random extra duplicate outputs. happened today with Breaktweaker - the outputs all appeared in a strange order, and I had two aux 5 and 6s. Weird.