Audition tool in audio editor

Hello!
I can confirm and I am having the same said issues with the playback tool. This problem btw not only applies to the editor but also when skipping around in an audiofile in the media bay for example be it in the side panel or as an extra window.
This has been going on for a long time now and it’s time Steinberg fixes this bug. Heard that other colleagues are having the exact same problem.
I do a lot of SoundDesign for Trailers and OnlineContent and am always skipping around in audiofiles picking only a little slice. For finding those I focus on transients but since “what you see is NOT what you get (and not what you hear either)” it always needs extra steps to make sure it’s the right piece of audio I am looking for. This is time consuming and contra fast workflow.

PLEASE have this fixed in the next update. It’s about time.

I was in contact with Steinberg support about this issue, I even sent a video with the problem but never heard back from them.
I think it’s important to point out that when there is a delay (not always present) it is exactly one second, at least in my case.
It has definitely not been solved in the most recent update 9.5.40.

Could someone from Steinberg please confirm if this is a known issue?
The person I was in contact with from Steinberg said that this problem was unknown to him and had never been reported.
Please confirm if it is a known problem.

Is it possible that someone from Steinberg could confirm or simply check if this is actually a known issue?
For my workflow this is a very important tool that simply does not work correctly.
Thanks!

Exactly the same problem here ! Only in sample editor.
most of the time the behaviour is wrong, sometimes it is correct.

Same problem. Steinberg, please, fix it

Problem still persists in Cubase 11! @Steinberg, please fix!!

Continue: Play tool starts playback in wrong spot