Can't activate Padshop Pro 2 license on new computers

Hi @joni1,

as far as I understand it, there’s no such thing as “Padshop Pro 2”.
There are either the older Padshop / Padshop Pro (extension) licenses (like yours) or two versions of the younger Padshop 2 license (which, in its newer updated versions, has become “hybrid” and should work in the eLicenser world as well as with the new Steinberg Licensing system):

• (1) Padshop 2 bought as a single VST instrument license, or
  • (2) Padshop 2 license bundled with Cubase Pro 10.5

What you described had already been talked through in the past, a couple of times (three forum thread links, pls. find them below by clicking “Summary”).

First question: are you sure which Padshop installer type you’d used?

For your license type, there probably shouldn’t be any actual version of Padshop 2 installed (there’s some danger of overwriting the older Pro version), since this one can’t be recognized by eLicense Control Center in combination with your older extension license, and this is probably what you received as the license warning (there seems to be some sort of license recognition mismatch, if I’m not entirely wrong).

If you need to re-download your matching version of Padshop (Pro), here’s the link to the download page for the install package that matches your license type (AFAIK unsupported, please use at your own risk):

Padshop Updates and Downloads | Steinberg

Summary

Possibly helpful references:

(1)

Padshop Pro License not found in eLicenser - Solved

(2)

No Licence detected for Padshop

(3) (very enlightening commentary by our forum colleague Mr. Soundman)

Summer sale question: can I update “Padshop Pro Extension” with “Padshop 2 Update from Padshop Pro”? - #2 by MrSoundman

Best wishes,
Markus