Unfortunately, it’s actually getting worse. Not only does the app still show an unintelligible error (see “Step by step” list below) when using Share > Dropbox, but it can no longer show the Share > Open with dialog — it stalls for 18 seconds and then crashes.
Step by step:
- Create or load a project (24-bit, 44.1 kHz)
- Create a mixdown (one WAV per track)
- Go to Mixdown, select WAV file (recommend 750 MB or larger to make sure you’re not seeing a false success with small files)
- Choose Share > Dropbox (may need to do Login process if this is your first time)
- Choose “NO” when asked to zip, since that would be silly
- Dropbox upload will make some progress, then you’ll see error “The following error occur…rrorDomain error -1001.)”
No, I spent an hour trying to prove that it wasn’t a Cubasis bug and failed. Of Dropbox and several other apps that integrate with Dropbox, Cubasis is the only one exhibiting errors and crashing (after locking for 18 seconds) when opening the OS dialog when I Share > Open with.
If the above steps don’t work for you, please get in touch with me and let me know how I can send you additional information. If there’s a log file accessible with developer tools, I can send it. If errors are logged with Steinberg, I can send you timestamps of crashes so you can associate logs that you’ve received with this issue.