Can Anyone help me please ?
My crossfade feature in Cubase 8 Elements stopped working.
Seems like crossfade is unavailable at all for some reason cause not only the shortcut does not work but also if I try to get into crossfade window - it s just not available - greyed out.
I have tries many projects - so it s not the matter of just one project but it s generalised to all projects.
So just can t crossfade two audio pieces - and while that is one of the basic feature it s so much frustrating.
Can anyone please share solution if came across some thing ?
2019 here, Cubase 10 Pro.
Just got my crossfade greyed out while working on the project I have to return today.
First, few days ago crossfade stopped to work while there was no overlap, today it stopped working at all.
Tried changing all my preferences to default, did not help.
EDIT: SOLVED (a bit):
Reinstalling Cubase did not help. Some preferences sit beyond the installation itself.
HOWEVER - I discovered the Safe Mode function (you have to click CTRL/CMD + SHIFT + ALT) when you launch Cubase (before the splash screen with loading appears). I disabled preferences (it resets Cubase options - even though I tried it manually in “Preferences”). It helped, crossfade works for now.
I’m on the latest version of Nuendo 10, having the same issue, though no graying out, crossfade simply does not apply. If anyone figures this out, or if a Steinberg rep can fill us in (maybe it’s a bug on their recent update), let us know.
Same problem. Didn’t want to delete the whole preferences folder and have to recreate settings.
So I made a backup and edited two of the preferences file to delete CrossFade specific sections. That fixed it. These I guess were inherited from a previous install, and the new version stumbled over some historic detail.
Sections I deleted (you can find them by just searching for CrossFade):
Thanks, based on your suggestion I found what solved the problem for me (because unfortunately those two wasn’t enough): I also deleted the group “Crossfade Settings” in Defaults.xml, and now it’s working.