Cubase 11.0.10 Maintenance Update

@User131231 Unfortunately this is not fixed yet, but it is scheduled for 11.0.20 as well.

Oh. Ok. Sorry.

/Magnus

How would you rate your overall satisfaction with the Cubase 11.0.10 update?
  • Very unsatisfied
  • Unsatisfied
  • Neutral
  • Satisfied
  • Very satisfied

0 voters

1 Like

Thanks for the fast and precise replay @Matthias_Quellmann looking forward!
Cheers

1 Like

is there a reason to be using mouse and not your keyboard?

Personal preference?

I know people whoā€™s keyboard sits under their desk on a slider, and in front of them on the desk is a MIDI keyboard and trackball sat on top. They only roll the keyboard out when it comes to typing track names or saving files.

Thanks for responding. Just for clarity - am I correct in saying that everything listed in the ā€œCubase Pro 11 Updateā€ has been updated? In other words, if I want to be completely up to date with everything, I should install everything on the list? However, if I am not concerned with Groove Agent, Retrologue, Padshop, or any of the content sets, then I only need to download the core application? I am on Windows, by the way. If there are items in this list that have not been updated, then Iā€™m puzzled as to why theyā€™d appear there, so I think I know the answer. Still, I concur with the other posters as regards the lack of clarity in the download assistant.

Much appreciated.

1 Like

the only thing that has changed / needs installing is the main application plus Groove Agent / Retrologue.

Nothing else has changed and no reason to reinstall it.

I must admit, I was confused as well at first. Maybe add a ā€œnewā€ icon to the updated software parts within the download manager? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My mix methodology is not the common one I guess, but I like to keep my mixer faders around unity gain. I usually end up with my mix up to 6-12db in the red/over . I do this because I want to keep my audio free from rounding errors introduced by gain reduction/volume faders before it hits my mix bus. The overs are in the floating point mantissa, so the math is still correct because it is summed in the FP domain. Then I have Bit shift Gain plugin as a first plugin on the stereo bus is. This is a perfect gain plug-in that changes the gain in 6db steps but keeps the original waveform untouched. When I go to 24bit (from 32) the audio gets attenuated by 6 db and the level hits the rest of my stereo bus without overs. The advantage to this method is less rounding errors in the summing (all faders at unity gain) and the waveform is bit by bit EXACTLY the same as when it was in the FP domain (+6 to 12db over), just with a 6db lower headroom/6db higher noise floor. So for me it would be very useful to have a meter that shows whatā€™s going on in the floating point domain up to 12db OVER my master before it hits the bit shift gain.

1 Like

Arenā€™t you afraid of clipping in plugins? Sounds like a sketchy way to work. Iā€™m pretty sure plugins arenā€™t guaranteed to have the same extended input headroom as the DAW, for example, Sonnox EQ will clip before the DAW clips.

That seems very strange. Input and outout from plugins are floating points. They have a dynamic range that is huge. However, sonnox EQ is very old and goes back to a digital console that was using fixpoint. They might do fixpoint internally to be sure that is identical. I dont think there are that many plugins that does not use floating point now.

Thanks. Is there any logical reason to include these other non-updates in the ā€œCubase Pro 11 Updateā€ section? It seems to be causing some confusion.

Something like this would be very helpful.

The update section is for the Cubase Pro updates from Cubase 10.5. Thatā€™s why everything is included. But you are absolutely right, the download assistant needs to be improved. We have a dedicated team working on it and there are constant improvements scheduled for the next months.

8 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure I read somewhere actually that plugins that are emulating analog gear will not have the same digital headroom you are thinking of, but this isnā€™t first hand knowledge so donā€™t quote me.

The latest extension ā€œeucon adapter.bundleā€ (In Cubase APP / Components) did not work correctly. I copied the version from 11.0.0 via Timemachine and everything works again. (Artist Mix on OSX Catalina)

If you emulate analog limitations the digital emulations will of course have the analog limitations. You can emulate that you blow a fuse, or you can emulate that it does not have a noise floor.

can we keep this on topic pretty please :smiley:

1 Like