Cubase 11.0.10 Maintenance Update

Why has the issue with double clicking the stop button to return the cursor to the start point not been fixed?!?!? I’ve been using Cubase for 22yrs and this has always been a much used and important function. It was broken with C11, we were told it would be fixed, but yet here we are.

@Turbobluzz @D-SANE Unfortunately this fix didn’t made it into the 11.0.10, but it is scheduled for 11.0.20

@Outsounder @Elien Regarding EUCON: The improvements are mainly on the general stability and the support of the new generation of consoles. There were issues when adding 40+ tracks, with MIDI send effects and removing tracks while modifying parameters that have been fixed.

2 Likes

@Matthias – thank you for taking the time to give a more precise answer about EUCON, this is much appreciated.

Let me still beg you – with all the passion I have for Cubase and Steinberg – please improve the general situation around EUCON – especially the (yes, it is complex) Visibility thing – and try to work on a decent documentation, compareable to what Avid provides for the integration of Protools. Please, would you? J

image001.jpg

1 Like

@etchell Actually it could be sometimes like this. The team was working on fixing an issue with the preferences and the master metering and started to discuss why anyone would need +6db or +12db of headroom on the master meter. If you go into these levels with your master there is something fundamentally wrong with your mix, don’t you think? It’s still in SuperVision to use it on track level. But what is your use case for these headroom levels on the master?

@Thurisaz My colleague Armand answered directly to the thread on the issues with inconsistent grid lines on 125% scaling.

@nordlead26 We did not forget about this issue, but unfortunately the fix didn’t make it into this update. It’s scheduled for the 11.0.20.

2 Likes

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for all your hard work. Much appreciated. Regarding the master metering (the big meter in the right zone), I for one, use it all the time when mixing. I leave my mixes for professional mastering and I always want to see ca 10 dB of headroom here. So for this kind of use - which I think is legitimate - the team’s discussion as quoted by you misses the mark completely.

/Magnus

Yep , it’s incredibly frustrating. A feature I’ve used for years and my muscle memory is still so confused by it no longer working. Disappointed that this wasn’t addressed. Now concerned that it never will be.

Hi Matthias,
thx for the information about the Econ changes. But what is about all the long term issues and bugs, which already exist for years now! All these issues still remain…

any information if these bugs get solved some time?

1 Like

my guess is the new MIDI Remote API, is going to allow any controller to be programmed to work properly given someone is willing to put in the time, and or hopefully, controller companies do the work for users. And hopefully it’s the kind of thing users can share presets. But I don’t know this for sure.

Very, very disappointed by the “return of the STOP button to the START position when pressed twice” issue not being addressed. It was promised by Dave Nicholson itself. For me it’s a major issue. I won’t download 11.0.10, not a single issue addressed in it is relevant to me. When will 11.0.20 be released? Please release it soon, I can’t wait other 3 months!

2 Likes

this is a new one:

Faulting application name: Cubase11.exe, version: 11.0.10.321, time stamp: 0x5fff6000
Faulting module name: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version: 14.27.29016.0, time stamp: 0x5ee8384d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000012de
Faulting process ID: 0x2714
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6f5680ecad1c3
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 11\Cubase11.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
Report ID: 176bc535-a5e8-4036-af75-fb8a93d0908c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Is this broken for the key command as well? or is it only clicking on the transport stop twice that is broken?

Try launching with your current prefs disabled and see if it shows up. If it does, you may need to delete your prefs and recreate them again as they may have become corrupted.

@SteveBee

user error probs :slight_smile:

No fix for the HiDPI 125% scalling issues bug in this release, right?

Reading through the forum and spotting a fair amount of issues and long lasting bugs. At the same time, the first comment above the release notes for this maintenance update is:

“We are very pleased with all of the positive feedback regarding the stability and the performance of the initial release.”

And a sticky post in the Cubase forum is labeled “How to report a “BUG” in Cubase”, putting the word bug in air quotes. There is two ways to interpret this, either these quotes suggest that a bug is merely a common word for issues with many kinds of sources, however, a less favourable way to read this implies that people are not qualified to know what is a bug and what is not. And that the reported “bugs” are user error or otherwise to be discussed away and neglected.

Then, I’d like to suggest the following: Read through the release notes and version history for Cubase, let’s say version 9 and up. And while you read through the issues that have been fixed, ask yourself the following questions:

• Should these issues have made it into a major release of a “professional” tool?
  • Were these new features, like offline processing for example ready to be rolled out?
  • Is it acceptable to buy a broken software and wait half a year for most issues to be fixed, each and every time?
  • How many issues have made it through multiple major versions and maintenance updates, which annoying quirks are present for so long that you have even adapted to them?

And from a personal experience, I have never before reported an issue with a software and had to argue afterwards if it is an actual issue or merely a “unwanted behaviour” or “feature request” as the admin implied.

The broader picture I get from all these indicators is a really problematic mentality from Steinberg, regarding software quality, release policy, bug tolerance and even downright arrogance. Releasing “good enough, but in time to cash in yearly”, fix things later.

Just wanted to point that out, and suggest the following things to the Cubase team:

• strict double-verification principle for programming
  • either stop pushing out new major features and completely check the code base or hire an external team for a code audit to find bugs
  • maybe throw fuzzing tools at the code to find issues
  • never again release a major version of Cubase without a sufficient public beta phase and resulting fixes beforehand
  • make it a core principle that all the features that are there have to work as intended and expected, as professional people this DAW is marketed towards rely on this tool to earn their income
  • dig through old issues from outdated Cubase versions and check if they are still present, if so, finally fix em.
20 Likes

Hi Geppastro,
I think this issue has been fixed with the C 11.010. (please read update !!)
But I could be wrong since @Matthias_Quellmann says it did not make it into this update.
Al l I can say is that if we are talking about the same issue I have it working on my system.
I posted how i got it to work here.

update:
I was talking about using a Eucon controller and did not realize that most people are talking about using the mouse.
So when using a mouse to DoubleClick on stop this still does not work.
If you were using a Eucon controller then it should be working now.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

@Matthias_Quellmann
Hi looked detailed on release notes list but couldn’t find if “pressing Shift/Ctrl unselects midi note”

We got confirmation that this is in Steinberg’s internal database, Is it fixed with this update?
Unfortunately I cannot check since my trial of 11 is expired and this is show stopper for moving on 11.
Thanks

no it’s broken using mouse only:
please see here

Thanks Unoute, but I see on the other thread (please see here) you’ve just confirmed it’s still broken using the mouse. Sorry I forgot to mention I was referring to mouse use only.

1 Like

You are talking about 10db headroom below 0dbfs. The team about headroom above 0dbfs