Cubase 11.0.10 Maintenance Update

That’s great, I appreciate it.

Thank you for your reply.I had issues over 32 tracks using the avid app. I dont use it any more, I dont like it all that much. I cant undesdtand why the Steinber IC Pro was dropped, such a good app for shortcuts and key commands. It wasnt very populat due to the fact that it was iPad only, if that had been ported over Andriod i bet every cubase user would have got it and been really pleased with using it.

BUT! my main gripe is that despite years of promising on the old forums, and by email from support, the mixer views are still not relected on the Avid surfaces. That translates to a few thousand pounds worth of hardware and software that doesn’t work properly together as suggested in marketing material and in encouragement from steinberg by constantly saying they have it fixed and it will be in the next release. It really does not foster confidence in Steinberg at all.

2 Likes

Step input is still broken if only one midi region is selected…

The same workaround still works from 11.0 — select two regions and the step input miraculously works…

1 Like

Great news!
Thank you.

Apparently, performing the step input workaround with two midi parts one time is enough to make the step input work correctly again.

And it seems that the retrospective record is working too again…

this post is underrated !

Yes I don’t like the green vibe, and I’m having trouble getting them back to blue.

Also, they’ve reversed the way swiping on the Apple trackpad works, really annoying.

Better for them to put their time in fixing the “doesn’t remember mutes” situation in the Mixer Snapshots IMHO…

3 Likes

Yikes changing all my customised metering wasn’t very nice … and also is the command+scroll mouse wheel direction INVERTED now all of a sudden, after years of being the other way?

1 Like

How is the swipe command supposed to work ?

Not the swipe - when you press Command and scroll up and down it zooms in and out (horizontally).

They’ve changed the behaviour, so now an upward scroll zooms out, but for more years than I can remember, it was the other way around.

I had a horrible day editing because I’m so used to the old way … it’s a pretty major change for a point release update.

I mean what’s the point - people might want to change that setting but why just force it to be suddenly the opposite way?

2 Likes

I agree it’s a strange thing to do and also to not tell people. I wonder what the thought process was behind that decision.

What I also find weird is why there is no equivalent key press+ scroll for vertical zoom too. There’s no intuitive consistency on one of the most fundamental controls of the daw, unless I’m not seeing something here.

1 Like

11.0.00 was pretty stable for me but 11.0.10 not good :frowning:

Faulting application name: Cubase11.exe, version: 11.0.10.321, time stamp: 0x5fff6000
Faulting module name: USER32.dll, version: 10.0.19041.746, time stamp: 0x13a6e19d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000078f57
Faulting process ID: 0x17a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6f6367f28a0ff
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 11\Cubase11.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\USER32.dll
Report ID: db29d338-6b7a-4882-94d9-709c5761a4ec
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

The metering colors I had set up have gone south and if I change them back it doesn’t reflect in the Console so presently it doesn’t appear to be possible to use custom colors.
Is there a new procedure for this or is it simply a new bug? :thinking:

6 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Bad experience after upgrading to Cubase 11.0.10

A post was merged into an existing topic: Project icons changed to white windows generic icon

CrashDumps.zip (1.4 MB)

GUI still hangs on launch in Windows 10 (latest updates to OS and NVidia graphics). Everything fine in Cubase 10 but this has been a constant issue for me with 11. This update actually made it worse as it will hang now before even loading a project. When it does hang, it will still pass MIDI and audio but it locks up everything.

James

try deleting preferences ?

I experience the same. Meter coloring is Destroyed by the update…

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Updating it wiped all my licenses out