Cubase 11.0.10 Maintenance Update

I was hoping for an actual use case and a valid point that I could report back to the team.

Sarcasm and negativity have never improved anything.

Please take this chance to make your point because I am here to listen. I have absolutely no interest to advertise changes in Cubase that are not welcome, features that are not used or workflows that slow you down. Neither has anyone else at Steinberg.

5 Likes

There were already a few more replies to the possible use of specific scales in the meters. What I donā€™t like is the fact that you did not confirm that features got broken with an update but doubt that I am using the product in the right way. In previous versions of Cubase more and more scales were added for the meter and also in the preferences there was an option to apply colors for a master meter and the normal mix meters. Then this all changed and we got more choices (+3/+6 etc.) but the color settings were not applied to the addtional ones (first bug). Then it was again extended with more scales and they were available to the meter scale selection and could not be selected. Then with another update the meters were removed from the meter but left in prefes + the LU/LUFS which do not appear anywhere. So it is not on me to explain but Steinberg. For what was this all introduced in the recent versions when nobody really asked for it? And now as they are still their but donā€™t make any sense as they canā€™t even be selected you doubt that users make the right use of meter scales? That is something I canā€™t accept. Remove it all if it does not work and Steinberg also donā€™t thinks it is worth a dime. But stop confusing users with useless features, as you call them and then provide the right pro stuff we should all be using. If +6/+12 LU/LUFS is just useless, then again, why were they added (in broken states)?
Since I could even not start using them (i.e. Mixer meters have allways digital scale) I canā€™t even check whatā€™s my best use of them. But I am always willing to learn new stuff so they were part of my Cubase product I purchased hence Iā€™d like to see how I can benefit of them. Honestly I had probably not asked for so many new scales but well, again, why were they added with no use then?
Thatā€™s my point. And if Cubase has functions which must not be used, better donā€™t sell them, right? Keep Cubase clean and straight forward for professional use and bug free. Thanks.

8 Likes

Thanks for the updated information

Matthias,

I tried several times yesterday to change the meter setup from Preferences. This was not possible. Nothing happened.

So at least on my system (Win 10) and machine, this feature is now broken.*

No presets can be loaded. Not only colours are affected, but the whole metering configuration.

/Magnus

3 Likes

Same for me, change preferences does not work anymore.

2 Likes

Hi, when i open cubase and leave it open for a while my mac mini gets extremely hot, even when i only have one audio track loaded, with no plugins. This only happens to me with cubase and it happens to me both on my mac mini i7 64gb ram and my macbook pro i5 16gb ram. and it occurs in both cubase 10.5 and cubase 11

Anyone having issues getting the Window Layout to not load the Status Line after disabling it and quitting? The value is getting saved correctly in the Window Layout prefs (I can see it being changed to 0 to disable) but it always loads back again.

In fact itā€™s also affecting the other two options, Info Line and Overview. Their states donā€™t get saved. I get the info line and status line everytime, even if I save them off. And the overview wonā€™t reload on if I put it on.

It seems to be reverting to default values each time. The settings in the Default Project Workspace are being ignored.

I also tried making my own workspace and when I load it the settings donā€™t load for these 3 items.

The issue with the sampler track in HiDPI mode, sadly still remains.

2 Likes

Hi Matthias, can you confirm ctrl+scroll zoom behaviour has been changed?
I have read a couple of posts here and want to confirm before updating.

If it is changed, can you tell us why would you change something like that without reaching out to the clients, or at least add a preference to revert to old behaviour?

1 Like

Meter coloring as well as some Mixer track colors are degenerated from the previous settings as some members have pointed out. Some Mixer track colors under the tracks names has almost vanished. Everything is sunk to an ugly green/yellow color. I wonder WHY?

Are the issues with expression maps fixed?, I couldnā€™t find any mention on the release notes.

So they can reintroduce it later as a ā€œfeatureā€. Weā€™re still waiting for the right click ā€œfeatureā€ to returnā€¦
Sadly, it makes one feel they honestly donā€™t seem to grasp (or care about) what we ACTUALLY want.
Between the polls asking what we liked in the updates vs what we want in one and taking away things like custom track color and replacing it w/ some glorified win98ā€™ shading gradient. The right click and some other fantastic goodies. It really really makes you scratch your head.

5 Likes

I find download manager really confusing. Do i really have to download everything before finding out if itā€™s already installed? What is the point of the download assistant if itā€™s not keeping track on anything?

10 Likes

Yes +1

regards S-EH

A post was split to a new topic: Turn off hold red light on ASIO meter

Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re trying to see if itā€™s installed but perhaps the Library Manager would handle this task for you?

Tom

Nice to see that at least some Cubase team employees are very satisfied with this updateā€¦ although they are probably not making a lot of music with the product, thus using a lot of features and face some of the issues out there. Certainly makes the poll look a bit more positive.

I have asked them to remove their votes.

Trust me, it is absolutely not my intention to make the poll look more positive. I am asking for genuine feedback here.

3 Likes

14 posts were split to a new topic: The realities of being a coder: a story of enduring sympathy and hostility simultaneously

Hi,
I voted because I was just curious about the result.
It was not my intention to manipulate the voting, but I totally get why you feel uncomfortable about it. I have changed my voting to neutral and will not participate in upcoming polls.

Cheers,
Jochen

4 Likes