CUBASE 11.5 - 12 feature requests

CUBASE 11 - 11.5 - 12 feature requests.

1.- Quadrafuzz V1 (back on 64 bits).
2.- Easy and Faster mapping / like Ableton Live and FL Studio (in one mouse click and one controller move).
3.- Improvements for layering instruments tracks by using a MIDI track. (to maintain the transposition of the sources = instruments tracks).
4.- Transpose automation or Pitch Shift able to + 48 st and +48 st.
5.- Transpose (extra) option to visualize and select a “piano key” instead of just numbers.
6.- Freezing multiple tracks.
7.- Faster MIDI editor to Delete notes with the mouse.
8.- Fold option, in MIDI editor, see reference and poll: FOLD option on MIDI editor - Cubase 10.5 -- now implemented - #2 by nordlead26 - Cubase - Steinberg Forums
10.- Improve quality of musical mode in Sampler Tracks. (There is too many artifacts and low quality when playing around the notes and glide is terrible and im sorry to say this but “musical mode” in FL is surprisingly 10 times better on quality by meaning the sampler.)
11.- Include in export settings, render by Folders or VCA faders. (is this one too complex) ?

Plus:
12.- Improve automation and curves on MIDI Editor to have more flexibility as we have in the arrange automations.
13.- Slide or Portamento in MIDI Editor individual notes, see reference: Piano roll
14.- Option to insert metadata for WAV and Mp3, as in Wavelab

4 Likes

These types of list posts typically aren’t appreciated here.

See: Cubase 11 - Steinberg Lounge - Steinberg Forums

Either make individual threads per request, or better, first search to see if the request already exists and then bump that thread.

Ok I posted in Steinberg Lounge as suggested…

I haven’t installed Cubase 11 yet, regarding this list; can we assume that features: 5, 7, 8, 10 and 12 have been added or improved?

I agree 100% with all requests.

2 Likes

The ability to hide all plugins that have been sorted into collection folders in the VST Manager (not just in active folders) would be great.

1 Like

In the project window, when an event is selected, the Name field could be shown on two lines or allow the user to lengthen it.

Add ability to enter comments to events. When hovering over the events, the comments would be shown. The toolbar would have 3 new tools 1) create event note 2) edit event note 3) delete event note.

FIX THIS ISSUE!

This topic is already old from 2020, I posted near the date Cubase 11 came out, and most of the features were added (fortunately), however I made another topic in 2021 for C11.5 and 12, in case you prefer to make your suggestions there:

1 Like

when I export multiple channel I would the export of midifile too.
For example to send my files on another project like protools ecc… ecc…

it will be very helpful if steinberg will add function that can detect Chords from audio files
like guitar track or mp3, wav files…

2 Likes

A so useful feature would be recording start from MIDI - next first event like note - or Audio, with a threshold setting.

what is the best way to request features?

Allow configuration of tools (remove,rearrange position)

An option to ‘auto bank’ so that the mixer automatically switches to the corresponding bank when manually selecting a track with the mouse.

Hi,

This is available in Cubase 11 already. Make sure the Double-click opens Note Expression Editor option is disabled. Then double-click the MIDI Note. This would become deleted.

The OP is aware, he posted a link to an updated request list above (this thread is from May 2020).
(For the record, also point 8 and 12 is impelemented with C11.)

Edit: since there’s a newer thread with an updated list, maybe this thread should be closed with reference to the other one (to not have a duplicate thread with an inactual list)?

16 Quick Controls instead of 8 would be highly appreciated.