Cubase 12: Hard Crash With Native Instruments Effect Plugins

Cubase 12_2022-03-22-154552_Rans-MacBook-Pro-2.crash (179.5 KB)

please help i got 3 major proj i cant run
Cubase 12_2022-03-24-155108_Rans-MacBook-Pro-2.crash (167.1 KB)
Cubase 12_2022-03-24-153950_Rans-MacBook-Pro-2.crash (157.7 KB)

Hi,

The crashes are in Cubase, what surprised me in this context. Does it crash when you open the NI plug-in (GUI)? Does it crash every time? Does it crash with any NI plug-in?

Could you please provide the System Info file?

Thank you

Hi @djranziv,

Please, make sure, all your NI plug-ins are up to date.

Does it happen with any NI plug-in or just some specific NI plug-ins?

1 Like

After upgrading some of my NI Plugins to the latest version (several with VST3 support e.g. Raum) and trying to load the plug-in, the plugin will only show the plug-in-Box (without content) with borders (don’t know where suddenly the borders come from? Usually every VST3 Plugin opened without additional borders so far. After trying to open it on an insert, the whole Cubase 12 will freeze and I have to shut it down via the task-manager.

Any idea where this comes from? Also I have recently (since 2 days) issues also with Wavelab, where I also encounter freezes. Somehow it seems to relate to the GPU. Don’t figure it out why?

Kind Regards
Paddy

Hi,

Are you on Mac or Windows?

What graphic card do you use, please? Do you have the latest driver installed? Do you use HiDPI screen(s)? How is the HiDPI settings?

Hi Had the same issue with Cubase12 crashing loading projects and after some time found it was the native instruments causing the problem. Ended up updating tall of the native instrument plugins and reinstalling some. Fix the issue.

1 Like

Hi same problem here,
Massive X and extensions from native cause cubase crash.
i have try;
reinstall cubase
reinstall plugin
reload vst library, etc …
Since the start of cubase 12, i have a lot of problem with plugins, i hope steinberg going to fix it soon.

Is this just a MAC thing? I am able to load Massive X and 6 NI plugins in one insert slot with no trouble on Win 10 1909 running Cubase 12.0.20.

Why do you think Steinberg should fix plugins from other vendors?

They obvioulsy can’t do that, but they could make sure, that plugins don’t take down the entire system, when crashing:

Would be glad if you could support this FR if you think the same!
Solution to crashes by plugins - Sandboxing (Crash protection) - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

1 Like

That’s why they propagate VST3 over VST2.

Can you maybe show me, where they said that?
Cause I am hearing that the first time.
AFAIK there is no type of “crash protection” in the VST3 protocol which lets the host running, but I could be wrong.

There is no problem before cubase 12, so it seems it’s a problem caused by cubase, not by plugin.

What you mean with no problem before Cubase12?
You don’t had issues with NI plugins before? I always had minor issues with them.
And if you see the Release Notes of the updates, it’s obvious that there were bugs and incompatibilities.

1 Like

Contacting NI Support because of the same issue under Monterey, MacBook Pro Intel 2018, brought the answer:
under MacOS system preferences/security give Komplete Kontrol, Cubase and Native Access “Full Disk Access”

Solved it for me.

1 Like

If it helps, I found the solution for me.
Impossible to know if it comes from cubase 12, windows 11 or NI, but in any case, after their respective update, I realized that the new problem arises when we have several screens.
When I activate a single screen, all the plugins launch without problem, it’s the multi-screen that’s the problem for me.
If it can help anyone…

2 Likes

Hi,

Could you please try to follow this thread or this one? Your issue might be related to the Nahimi Service.

Blocklist
Hi i’ve already the same problem. Same plugins are blocklisted by Cubase 12 and yes they are only Native Instrument plug in

I work on iMac late 2015 (last update)
Native Access up to date same as all the plug in

Trying to reactivate will cause a hard crash

Hi Y’all!
Either this is a new problem or something related to what is described here but it seems that native instruments plugins do regularly create problems with loading up projects. So do always have NI plugins in mind upon debugging. It cost me hours over the last few weeks to debug, over and over again. First ist was Komplete control 3, updated that after figuring it out. Everything fine. Few days later it was Kontakt 7 player. Updated this (there was no update at first). Updated this. Now it seems to work again. There seems to be a problem with the plugins demanding too much memory on startup. Very annoying indeed. I’m reviving this thread because I guess some folks might have similar problems- and I want to help find the culprit fast.
See the attached ips.file.
I am on a Macbook M1 Pro with Cubase/Nuendo 12 running in Apple Silicon.
Nuendo 12-2023-11-11-184717.ips (380.2 KB)