Cubase 12 Pro performance Issue

Hi

Am I the only one who has perfoamce problems?
I loaded a project from CP11 into CP12 and CP12 had a higher load and after a short time nothing worked.
Furthermore, I notice that I have dropouts from time to time,
Is an I9 9900K with 64GB RAM and W11 no longer sufficient for CP12?

1 Like

I’m also very surprised but in positiv way. I have the same CPU but keep it on Windows 10. I loaded my current project on Cubase 12. All settings are the same. The performance meeter shows 25% less load! I couldn’t believe it and switched been C11 and C12 3 times to confirm that the settings are really the same.
I will check tomorrow with another project.

3 Likes

Same. I’m also on i9 9900k.

Which “same” - there are two contrasting reports in this thread :man_facepalming:

For me, v12 seems snappier.

Users over at KVR do report the same performance gain as I see.

1 Like

It’s snappier. I’m running a 6yr old i-6700K Skylake processor with 48Gb memory. No complaints here - I’ve got plenty of headroom even with 100+ tracks.

For those that are having problems, it’s going to be the same old issue with drivers and applications driving latency times up. That is where you need to look.

Performance meter is a little better on my Windows 10 System and C12. Snappier too, however non-realtime audio exporting of stems takes longer, not a big issue, but noticeable. On 2 occasions Cubase would just instantly quit to desktop after exporting. THis never happened in C11, again not a big issue, i expect a few little hiccups in the first few days, i;ve been updating my Cubase since 1998!

Interesting. Could you please send me the crash logs for the audio export issue?

I’ve also noticed that exporting tracks is much slower

Here I have glitches when selecting some tracks.
I tried with CubPro11 = no glitches.

I also have clicks/pops when selecting tracks. I started a thread about the issue a few days ago, and a few others have reported similar experience.

It can’t be my system or drivers, because I compared CP11 and CP12 Projects with same PC.
And I’m not the only one but there are also users where it runs better…
well let us wait for the next update.

1 Like

Same here… AMD 1950X / 32GB Ram / Windows 10
Dropouts and a higher load + audio driver crash on simple project

1 Like

Realtime processing does seem to drop out more in 12 Pro than 11 Pro on Windows 11 for me (e.g. when recording or monitoring live audio.) Non-realtime performance seems about the same.

I’m experimenting with elevating the process priority to “realtime” priority. Cubase “boost” option seems to elevate it only to “high” priority. So far it seems better, but I need more testing before I feel it’s stable. Maybe someone from the dev team can comment on whether running at “realtime” priority on Windows is expected to improve performance or cause unexpected stability issues.

In CBPro12, using Aggregate device in MACOS, Audio Performance Level get red just with only one audio track
With CBPro 11 I didn’t have the issue.
If I select only the Apollo in CBPro12, I don’t have the Performance issues anymore.
I think that CBPro12 can’t handle Aggregate device in MACOS, I am using Big Sur

Cubase 12 performances better than 11 in my system. Windows 10 i7 8700k Apollo thunderbolt 3 interface

I am using MBP mid 2015 I noticed same issues with cubase 12 exporting tracks is slower then cubase 11

1 Like

cubase 12 on MacBook Pro mid 2015 (16GB ram)

-Export is slower
-Disk cache load is full when project is running from external HHD,it’s working good with internal or external SSD
-Uses more cpu power then cubase 11

I have performance issues with CB12 Pro. With same settings as in CB11 Pro (same latency and ASIO Guard) new version feels laggy, unresponsive and it consumes more CPU then CB11 Pro. I tried and loaded quite heavy projects in both CB11 and CB12 and 12 in all cases uses more CPU, and I have dropouts. In CB11 I never had any stutters and dropouts in those projects.
Win10 21H2
i7 4790K
32GB RAM
GTX 1080 Ti
Arturia AudioFuse Studio

2 Likes

random graphic errors…