Cubase 12 pro shutdown issues

Im using cubase 12 pro on windows 11 and sometimes it wont shut down properly. I shut down my project then click the ‘x’ in the top right side of the window and nothing happens, it wont shut down. This doesnt happen every time, just enough for it to be really annoying. And of course the next time I start up cubase, it says it wasnt shut down properly (because ive had to ctrl + shift + del to open program manager and shut it down) and i have to disable program preferences and restart it afterwards. Has anyone else experienced this ? Is it a known bug ?

Of course we all have the same problem with shutdown, I am afraid Cubase is to old code to make it more responsive. I think they will have to change the way that sistem preferences are saved on quit. They should think about saving every sistem parameter imediatelly and not all at program quit.

Ive never experienced this problem with any other versions of cubase, its only with version 12

1 Like

Are you just repeating this from people who say this for literally years, or do you have any official source to back that up?
I tried a lot of different DAWs and Cubase absolutely does not fall behind when it comes to performance. Especially when dealing with really big projects, i.e. the GUI of other DAWs (even the “efficient” reaper) begin to lag , where Cubase still runs relatively smooth.
With each update they have to rework the code, otherwhise new versions and features would not be possible.

Now the thing about the preferences is indeed annoying, youre absolutely right about that one!

To the issue mentioned here: The shutdown issues bave been resolved for most with the newest maintenance update. Did you update everything Steinberg related on your system?

im using 12.0.2

just happened again, is there a fix for this ? I can forget about asking Steinberg for support, its non existant

I am still on the initial 12.0.0 release. This works ok for me. All the later updates cause problems at shutdown. At least that’s the case for me.

That is not the newest update. Please always check if there are new updates and and read the release notes before updating. 12.0.30 solves a lot of issues and one is the crash on exit issue.

isnt it ? Whenever I fire up Cubase theres usually a message telling me of any updates, havent seen one. Ill check manually, thanks

1 Like

so, updated to 12.0.3 and I still have the same shutdown issue :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes I update W11 and Cubase regulary, also clean my operating sistem, have also new sistem since January, preaty fast based on i9 12900k, 64G ram, Samsung 980pro nmve as C partition.
I can finally play my VSTi on only 64 samples latency. I think Steinberg will make some more optimization on ASIO performance, Im sure there is some more space to do Cubase even better.
I can confirm that Cubase is stable for me last few years, it feels like an old good diesel engine which runs and runs even on high track count with full of vsti OK.
When I compare with S1 it is like turbo racing engine, in the begining when you start project there everything feels faster but at the end I am not so shure…

And one more thing I forgot, try to quit Cubase with Ctrl Q command instead click on X ,
on my experiences I have better results😀.

Also have problem as you with 12.0.30 too,
we will see in month when we work on new fresh projects from scratch on 12.0.30 maybe it makes difference.
For now I tried songs that I started on 12.0.20 and had some crash.

Not solved. A little better but not solved.

yep the crash on exit thing is definitely not fixed in 12.0.30

1 Like

Hi,

Attach Cubase 12.0.30 *.ips/dmp file(s) with the description, what happened before the crash, please.

Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Hi,

Attach Cubase 12.0.30 *.ips/dmp file(s) with the description, what happened before the crash, please.

Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).

Hi,

Im also sometimes getting a ‘crash on load’ problem as well :tired_face:
The last dump file I have with data in is about a week old, yesterday & todays files are empty
Cubase 12.0.20.263 64bit 2022.6.10 13.32.50.669-freezedump.dmp (1.9 MB)

this file was generated before i did th 12.0.30 update