Cubase 12 update practise with upgrade 10.5 to 11 [SOLVED]

@
Yep thanks Steinberg for your ever so beautifull support and ripping me off while being at it??

Have been on support a whole week to find out that Steinberg poeple don’t really care for customers just the $$

I ordered the update for Cubase at the 25th of November … paid it and waited more then 3 months for C12 to arrive.

Then the trouble started … week on support and conclusion is;

You have all the updates bougth since version SX, the problem is that you already upgraded from 10.5 to 11, so the update licnese I bouhgt is useless while Steinberg stated at the 25th that every not activated license fro PRO would work !!!

Now they back-out of this thing and leave me with a useless paid upgrade license …
I’ve made a complaint through the ECC (European Customer Center), hopefully they can see the shameless practice also.

Anybody out there in the same situation?
I guess my only option is to try to sell the license??

1 Like

I bought my update from Cubase v10.5 to v11 on 11/24 and had zero issues upgrading to Cubase 12 Pro as the license was bought within their grace period.
I love Steinberg! <3

They will fix whatever problem you’re having updating. There is nothing “shameless” going on.

1 Like

Man I’m happy for you, I think you skipped a step in upgrading, I didn’t … that’s the reason my update licnese doesn’t work and steiny support says this is the endline we cannot refund and cannot give you a new license…

So be happy with Steinberg, I have been happy for over more then 15 years support them with my money … now they can shove this #%%^%$% into their ^&&**(*(

No they won’t I had to go to an external organisation to call this a dispute … and filled a complaint about this!

Well, you haven’t told us anything about what actually is going on, so what can anyone say specifically?

But they don’t do what you are accusing them of.

1 Like

Nope. I didn’t skip any steps. I have upgraded Cubase on a regular basis since before it was called Cubase!
Just contact customer support with your issue and even if it does take them a little longer to reply (given that they just released a new, major version), they will sort it out for you. Kicking and screaming in here is not going to help.

Please read my first post, it states what’s happend … Normalyy I have good experience with Steinberg for over 15 years … however this completly shocked me in how they think they can wrap my issue off.

Try to read what I have written, I came from support with no solutions after a whole week spending time on this …

For the record dear poeple this is my FIRST rant against Steinberg, never had to … but this is shameless business … no other words possible!

To be fair, you didn’t share specific details of what actually transpired. I’m sure all will be sorted for you.

1 Like

What happend is the following;

I updated since Cubase SX every update, so in November 2021 all the updates where on sale and it was stated very clearly that every license bought and not activated would work to update to 12 …

But my case is an exception because I already updated from 10.5 to 11 pro,
this means the license I have now won’t work…

Getting support to recognize this situation didn’t work or they simply hadn’t time to seriously look into this, I just get a quoute that I already updated and that;s it period … also no refunds becuase it’s been to long ago and no new license … So my only options is to sell this to an Cubase 10.5 pro user.

Did contact support and this is the outcome

On what date did you activate the Cubase 11 update? An update from Cubase pro 10.5 to Cubase Pro 11 activated after November 9, 2021 should automatically be Grace Period Eligible.

There have been some problems, and they appear to be being ironed out.

1 Like

I’m beginning to understand.

You updated from Cubase 10.5 to 11 at some point before Nov 9, 2021

Then you bought another update on Nov 25.

You tried to use it, expecting to be updated to C12. But since (according to Support) an update had already been applied you could not activate the update bought on Nov 25.

Do I have that right?

2 Likes

Well, I am a Cubase 11 Pro user and I am also not getting a free update to Cubase 12, period. By my understanding, only in this specific period of time any purchased but not activated license was eligable for the free Cubase 12 update. If you activated during or purchased (and/or activated) before, then you are out of the game. That’s how it was communicated imho.

fyi, only the activation date matters. You could have bought an update in 1962, if it was available, and when that is activated, the current version license is granted.

Actually, nothing different was done here for C12. The release was late, but the Grace Period started on the same day it would have, had the C12 been released on time.

1 Like

Hi @mroekalea, just to make sure that I understand correctly: You updated from Cubase 10.5 to 11 in November 2020, but then you bought the same update again in November 2021 because you thought that this would get you Cubase 12?

And since it is now a couple of month ago, AskNet won’t give you a refund?

Alright, thanks for clarifying :slight_smile: I was anyway not one of the ones, as I activated Cubase 11 long ago :wink:

Strictly, Steinberg don’t owe you anything - you bought the wrong product a long time ago. I’m sure they will sort this for you, but raising an external complaint over this is way over the top. I hope you will now withdraw it.

Shameless Practice - I don’t think so.

This is the case with Steinberg, asknet has been notified and try to solve this with Steinberg.
The gap of 3 months and release of Cubase 12 is logical and my fault to be burdened with.

Maybee you should read the case better, however if it were your money you wpuld be looking from a different angle aint it?