Cubase 13 - Any word on new update cycle?

Hahaha

1 Like

Well, Halion 7 was just released and they will most certainly give that one a bit more time in the spotlight than just 2 weeks.

I don’T expect Cubase 13 to be released in the next couple of weeks.

Comeon, people are joking, right? We won’t be seeing anything for months - surely.

2 Likes

Well, Cubase is for sale (40% off) …

1 Like

This could be ‘integrated’ in Cubase isn’t it?

Wasn’t the original pattern to have sales in March(ish), and new version in November(ish)?

I remember ‘Summer Sales’ but that was for Absolute or Iconica. So, I guess the timing for the next Cubase version is ‘unpredictable’. Although, a sale usually precedes the launch of the next paid update by a few months only.

That cycle broke when C12 was released. They had such trouble that instead of releasing it November it was postponed to March.
So now nobody knows what’s going on and the real trouble is that we don’t know which type of socks @Matthias_Quellmann wears today.

1 Like

I hate to be the one that spoils all your fun but there’s a reviewer on Youtube who is a beta tester for Cubase and his beta licence runnings out in 2 months time and the icon colour ofr Cubase is exactly the same plus it says C12

I hope that there will be at some point update for Cubase 12 regarding performance improvement for Intel 12th, 13th gen. Especially for correct P/E core distribution across all tasks in CB. Otherwise CB12 is good and stable for me. And I would like to have 2 year cycle for CB versions instead of releasing every year new one. I think it could improve product quality and better polish already existing functions and behavior for CB users.

3 Likes

That’s another possible move by Steinberg: only bring out a new version every two years and charge $150 for it, which should theoretically get them the same cash flow as before (since it was $50 for a .5 update and $100 for the .0 version in the previous years).

But complete stagnation feature-wise for 2 years, while the competition like Studio One brings out content updates every 3-4 months? Also a questionable strategy…

1 Like

I don’t care what it is called or how often it comes out, so long as the bug fixes come out steadily.

1 Like

Yes!
Or… (Be seated now, ladies and gentlemen…). …It releases without bugs.

2 Likes

Core distribution is handled by the operating system and the thread director (which is inside the CPU). There is not much the application can do to influence the distribution here.

1 Like

Just my opinion:
People tend to call a problem with Cubase a ‘Bug’ way to fast. (And I don’t know what you mean with bugs … so no offense intended)
For me a ‘bug’ is a programming ‘mistake’ or ‘careless programming, with not enough error trapping’.
To have a stable recording environment, Cubase is only a part of the system. (albeit an important part)
Steinberg has lots of articles about optimizing Windows and ‘good practices’ that are just ignored by some. And then on this forum it is presented as a bug in Cubase …

1 Like

Agreed, most ‘bugs’ I can get round, but what we had in C12 was about 3 months of MIDI notes being off-grid, that was neither subjective or triggered by certain hardware or a set of actions.

It’s issues like that, which go without fix for so long that I find disappointing. Shouldn’t be there to start with though, something as evident as that.

2 Likes

probably this cubase 12 sale now implies that we won’t see cubase 13 until some good amount of Wednesdays go by

1 Like

Agree. These kind of things deserve attention. And maybe Steinberg should communicate more about how ‘real bugs’ are followed up.

Yeah agreed. They may be moving back to their winter release schedule and we won’t see something until around November.

But, I have no idea, no one does. we’ll see

It is interesting that they’re actively generating new interest (and sales) with the H7 release, a wavelab update, and now this C12 sale all at the same time. Things are happening. Hopefully, there’s more.