Cubase 13 - Any word on new update cycle?

I agree with you, this language should not have been used, however, the rest of the text is 100% right.

I am also a long-time Cubase user and I have had the most horrific issues with the program.

I lost Cubase files to unexplained file corruption which nearly gave me a coronary.

It’s true what ‘scottthegreat’ said. No other programs that I used for decades have EVER done that.

What stops me from bolting out from Cubase, is the fact that I have no time to learn a new program and that the features it offers cannot be found elsewhere.

But there are unacceptable bugs in Cubase.

I have not upgraded to 12 and I don’t think I ever will.

I am anticipating 13, but unless there is a huge response on how great it runs, I will pass on this one too…

2 Likes

You are correct but the bugs are all relative , open and run loads of instances of synths like Vital , SurgeXT (freebies ) for hours ,not a problem , load one version of native (supposed to be optimised) GA5se in 12.0.52 and the whole DAW world falls apart , but hay we only pay for the privilege of waiting months for a fix

3 Likes

Lots of people make posts like yours, and they all have one thing in common - the assumption that if you’re having problems then everyone else must be.

This isn’t true. In my case for example, Cubase 12 is by far the most stable version I’ve run.

I accept that you are having serious problems for sure, but not everyone is by a long shot.

12 Likes

When you say Cubase 12, do you mean where it is today (12.0.52), Or throughout it’s life cycle?

Where it is now, it’s all good for me too, but the past 12 months there have been some of the worst bugs i’ve encountered as a Cubase user. I’m usually very lucky in that I read a lot of bug reports but rarely experience them, C12 I found myself in the affected demographic. :frowning:

Also, with what’s being discussed here. There’s a big difference between software being completely bug free vs software that has having glaring bugs, or crashes which render parts of it useless.

I’m really happy with Cubase, but I don’t feel as though i’ve had 12 months use out of C12 yet. I really hope next paid update is November at the earliest. Would be a bonus if we saw a x .60 and x.70 in that time as maintenance updates.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

I’m always open for discussions, as long as they are free of personal attacks and that is what I read from your “fan boy” statement. Nothing over sensitive, just not my way of discussing with other people and especially if they do not know them.

All good, lets get back to Cubase and whatever needs to be discussed.

Hi, I use Shift+G / Shift+H for vertical zooming, if that’s of any help. Cheers

1 Like

Oh dear - there’s no point continuing this discussion.

2 Likes

I didn’t install 52, no benefit for me, so I’m still on 50. I’ve been pretty stable on all versions, but 50 is undoubtedly the best from my perspective.

Steinberg makes great sounds. I definitely appreciate them but my point is those sounds are getting old and the synths could use a facelift. And synths like: Mongolian Voices - Ancient Phrases are cool but for whom?
Maybe film guys. Steinberg should fix bugs instead.
I’ve spent lots of money on other brands like
Roland, Akai and Waves: because they’re more current like Flow Motion for example:

Spot on , most bugs seem to be system related , BUT when Steinberg release an update and then a FIX for the remote app, they have left other stuff more broken than what 12.0.50 was on two of my computers . Steinberg have all the DMP’s , no point in posting the same thing here over and over .
The thing is we all know by the end of the life span NEARLY all the minor bugs are fixed (nearly ,not all ) but then the cycle starts again ,. i may complain but i know things will be stable in the end know that but time between maintenance updates seem to take longer these day .
M7y go to drum machine for the individual outs GA5se is sooooooo unreliable with 12.0.52 but it was perfect with 12.050, i guess the new MR app takes priority over critically used Steinberg Apps

tbf on steinberg they have just release Halion 7 which has an amazing spectral and FM synthesis engine plus really intuitive automation.

Nor do I.

All you need is love…all together now…

Cubase 12 40% off sale lasts March 28th, TUESDAY. So…

… and a typical Steinberg grace period is 6 weeks. Therefore, don’t expect Cubase 13 earlier than on May 10th :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Do I have to install the program when bought?

1 Like

No. Technically you can hang on to the registration code until you feel like it and whenever you register it, you’ll get whatever the latest version of Cubase is out at the time.

For example, if you buy one now, hang on to it for 2-3 years, you can activate it after Cubase 14 comes out, and that’s the version you’ll get.

1 Like

Thanks for the update,
The DX7 produced lots of hits in the 80s.
I love those sounds. And Cubase Pro 11
Is a rock solid DAW . I mixed 100 songs with vocals with the VST Performance at the maximum, last year and Cubase didn’t crash.
So I’m sure Steinberg will do it again.:sunglasses:

1 Like

What I like about the Halion update is you’ve got that DX7 sound but you can take it to the next level with the Halion automation and it becomes a modern synth again.

3 Likes