Cubase 13 - Any word on new update cycle?

Greg Ondo from his Club Cubase months ago mentioned 13 was being worked on, and parts of 14, and 15 as well. He also said that a new version is probably “not imminent”. He also mentioned that probably many Cubase users have not fully utilized what’s offered in Cubase 12 already. That’s here-March 21 2023 Club Cubase Live Stream - YouTube Go to 00:27:32.

On Cubase 13/14 etc February 10 2023 Club Cubase Live Stream - YouTube go to 03:02:11.

On Cubase 13-February 10 2023 Club Cubase Live Stream - YouTube
When it’s close to be release I’m guessing more will come out. Someone asked about a maintenance update. He said “soon”.

8 Likes

Yeah, it seems to be a different story on Mac…
I’ve always been on Windows, I’ve always known Cubase that slow…
3 to 4 sec. to close the project then 4 to 5 sec. to close Cubase…

There was a time on Windows where it would sit for 20-30+ seconds when closing for me.

It was not fun testing out different DPI settings as you have to exit and go back in for changes to be displayed. I’m sure there were improvements to this a couple of years back though as mine is nowhere near that kind of wait now.

So it’s not great, but known it to be a lot worse personally.

Still this way for me, around 15 secs on Windows. Much faster on the Mac.

FWIW, here it takes C12 less than two seconds to shut down, but I’ve eliminated all but three VST2 plugins now. I think it’s the VST2 plugins (especially those with MIDI inputs or outputs) which cause the shutdown delays on Windows.

Longer shutdown time has to do with certain plugins, which prevent it to close immediately.
On big projects with multiple different plugins, it closes way slower, than on an empty project.
I just never took/had the time to find the plugins causing this behaviour.

For a moment of techie nerd, there is an axiom in computer science called “Amdahl’s Law” (introduced by Gene Amdahl, legendary computer architect). The law expressed the limits of multi-processing as a function of how much real-time waiting processes had to do (or how much single-threading they imposed on the system). This VST shutdown time seems like a corollary to Amdahl’s law. In other words, it seems there is some significant amount of clock-time delay as some of the VST’s do their shutdown sequence. That is to say, some of them may have logic that says, request a process to end, but give it 10 seconds to terminate naturally, then blow it away if necessary.

Yeah that’s it.

1 Like

Logic ? When it simply does the same job in approx. 1 sec in other DAWs…

Vulcans would call this as “illogical”

I heard from a guy on the corner, that his cousin has a friend who has a pastor who heard a guy in confession say he has a sister who has a boyfriend whose dad said they are skipping straight to Cubase Pro 20… ie, “Cubase Pro 2.0” without it being title 2.0.

1 Like

Or download the pinch zoom tool

Got any links?

no one utilizes all function in any DAW, but some functions/workflows are more important for each user.
its not a must to learn all functions for a user, and then only he must seek for new version, its nonsense

2 Likes

Tomorrow at 10:00 Central European Time.

2 Likes

Cubase 12.0.60

2 Likes

At least it’s wednesday today … :rofl: :ok_hand:

Some do I’m sure. Especially a modern music producer who records/mixes/masters/produces.

im not sure, but anyway the point is that new features and improved workflows better UI and adapt new Tech are always needed and it doesn’t matter if you know your DAW inside out or not.

Gotcha.

Error!!!