Cubase 7 requests

My wish to get rid of the 1/16th notes grid inside the list editor, bar rulers, transport panel, etc. Then it’s easier to allign the cursor on triplets.

The transport panel, locators, list, bar rulers are still fixed on 1/16th notes…

Is it possible to get rid of the 1/16 notes (subcounts)?
I have already placed a feature request some months ago, but with no result…
(Steinberg Forums … 91&t=12280)

With 1/16 notes i mean the “subcounts” (4 per quarter note, the third number in the transport panel; BAR. BEAT. SUBCOUNT. TICK)

My idea is to synchronize it with the quantize settings.

Example: When you set the quantize on 1/16T (triplet), you’ll see 6 “subcounts” per quarter note.

Read my post again. I want more features in the notepad…

Too late. Someone did it this morning. :slight_smile:
{‘-’}

Better Systems link!

Open all projects from one PC or MAC!

I was just kidding, but…
…really? who?
and, what was it again to patent? :slight_smile:

I have another mega awesome request!
OpenCL guys, OpenCL!!!
but, openCL inegration could also be done in the past,
becouse it is not something new.

Most desirable would be a “FREE” update, but a little fee for cubasers who have not the actuall version should be ok.
Another thing is the poopies money, everyone want it and I think at steinberg it is not different.

At last I wanted to say, if my request don´t go true, at least maybe as regular upgrade to C7,
I´ll mutate to a hater and do as much as possible hater stuff and spread it everywhere where I am not banned and so long untill I get banned! :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: xD flowerpower

From what I’ve heard from the moderators is that the next cubase version will have a new window management approach (like SONAR?), this is the area where cubase walks behind the competition in my opinion, functionally C6 is pretty maxed, I barely use maybee 40 till 50% of the functionality.

However when using cubase I am spending much time to get everything on it’s spot so it doesn’t hinder me or does not require to be searched.

WIzards should be included, when timestretching fro example you have to do things in a related order, now we have to memorize these steps but when the steps are mandate and related why not putting them into a wizard?

Last but not least, include reputable plugins, I know the standard plugs are of good quality, but marketing wise Cubase needs a bigger reputation, so the RND and other Yamaha stuff should be thrown into the battle of daws!

:ugeek:

Think it’s too late, but still :

1. A decent windows management (maximized project window state, anyone ?)
  2. A decent VST 2.x presets management (a.k.a. “bring back what was already existing”…). See here for all the pitfalls associated : Presets management : will it ever get fixed ? - Cubase - Steinberg Forums:unamused:
  3. A true tranparent events display (a.k.a. “bring back what was already existing”…)
  4. A non hyped shaded events display (a.k.a. “bring back what was already existing”…)
  5. A full inserts and sends display in mixer windows.
  6. Understandable generic remote options : hox comes that there are a mix of digital and alphabetical values displayed ?
  7. A complete revision of the device panels implementation.

Would be the most pleased Cubase user ever, only with 1, 2, 3 and 4. Strange : excepting one, these are things that were already existing in better times… :open_mouth:

VST4 for the Electronic Musician.

Testing your new flame suit? :wink:

You are shocked over one of the certainties of the universe?

To be able to use System link with my desktop and laptop without having to buy two copies of Cubase! Does anybody know how do this now? :nerd:

Hello,

for Nuendo 6 we’re currently re-writing large parts of the program to refresh the code and to
sort out old code. So the user interface will be very modern and with even more possibilities
to individually configure what you see and what’s hidden. We’re working on the completion of
ADR and Loudness features and will offer new tools for mixing.

“Hide unused tracks” is finally included, as it fits in the total new concept. As I wrote in a
previous statement, it would have generated lots of extra work to do that within Nuendo 5,
so with all the new code in Nuendo 6 we can even do a lot more than just that feature.

Thanks,
Timo

Yeah, hope to see “Hide unused tracks” feature on C7 too… :wink:

From the Nuendo forum? The part I’ve highlighted is probably the most important update. The one we don’t see.
I think we’re all going to be pretty pleasantly surprised when that happens.

I wonder if this “change of code” is on the same magnitude as VST32 → SX ???

My english is probably too limited (‘shocked over’ ??) to answer in a meaningful way…

Let’s first bring back the VST2.x full compatibility, shall we ? :frowning:

(You were using the “shock” :open_mouth: from the smilies collection.)

BTW, your english is fine, and I am not a native english speaker anyhow. :slight_smile:

I think VST4 was sarcasm. :wink:

VST3 is much better in terms of what you ultimately can do in Cubase. Note Expression alone saves me countless hours in terms of editing, and it provides a much higher degree of flexibility when (re-)arranging. With notes retaining their own controller values, I’d like to nominate this as one of the coolest invention in music making in a very long time!

And just to make sure that I am in the line of fire… the wheenies that argue that the same thing could’ve been done in VST2.x, so what, that’s not the way it went. VST3 is here to stay, and it is rocking cool!!!

I only hope N6 is still on track for a 2012 release. Can’t wait to get my hands on that update… guess it will take a little longer until C7

OK. About the VST4 ‘suggestion’, I thought as you and answered to it in a desillusioned way, as I know that Steiny will probably never bting it back : since 6 years, it would have been done, already. I’m not against VST3/3.5 : I admit that it can be useful for many of us. But why dropping what was already existing ?

I’ll keep asking for it : the presets management iwith the Mediabay thingy are still getting on my nerves after all this time ; I made a thread about it, few months ago (Presets management : will it ever get fixed ? - Cubase - Steinberg Forums) and still wondering how to manage in an efficient way VST 2.x plig-ins presets in Cubase.

OK. About the VST4 ‘suggestion’, … as I know that Steiny will probably never bting it back : since 6 years, it would have been done, already. I’m not against VST3/3.5 : I admit that it can be useful for many of us. But why dropping what was already existing ?

Probably because it got in the way of the progress of their concept. When a developer bows to the users’ conceptual desires for progress that in itself impinges on other areas of progress and to continue on the chosen path sometimes means that other directions’ progressions need be dropped.
There may be a way but you might have to wait a while to see if what you want is possible.
I may be wrong but considering recent announcements on the new developments of Nuendo that the next Cubase version is likely to have a complete rebuild of the code and more, or less things will be possible so you might get what you want then.

An simple sampler, and eq with mid side options please :slight_smile: