Cubase 7 OS X performance is …
- … better than 6 / 6.5
- … not different compared to 6 / 6.5
- … worse than 6 / 6.5
Please have a look here:
Hi all OS X Cubase Users,
I closed the Poll by now and would like to thank everyone for participating so far!
We would like to get in touch with some of you who are experiencing a cut back in performance when running Cubase 7 in comparison to Cubase 6.5.
If you are willing to invest some time then please drop me a PM with the following information:
1) Your exact computer configuration (OS version, RAM, CPU, HD type)
2) Your audio / MIDI hardware and driver version.
3) Your ASIO settings: block buffer size, ASIO Guard setting
4) Are you running in 32-bit or 64-bit mode? If in 64-bit mode: does your projects contain any 32-bit plug-ins which are bit-bridged?
5) A small description on how you mainly use Cubase. For example: you record a band with 64 audio tracks or you are mainly working with instruments. Please let us know which instruments and effect plug-ins you use most often.
6) Anything else you think we should know or you always wanted to let us know
For best chances to track down potential performance issues, the following helps a lot:
a) Please provide complete information as requested above.
b) It is very important that the behavior you are experiencing in Cubase 7 is actually different compared to Cubase 6.5, otherwise it doesn’t help us to solve a possible performance degradation issue compared to Cubase 6.5.
c) We need project files and these projects should be as small as possible to better isolate potential issues. Small means: as few 3rd party plug-ins as possible, as few tracks as possible, as few instruments as possible. As you now understand we only require a small amount of information that clearly shows the degraded performance compared to Cubase 6.5.
d) If you are using Cubase in 64-bit mode, please double check in 32-bit mode if the issue is still present. We would like to concentrate on 32-bit mode first to ensure no plug-in bit-bridging is going on. In case your project uses 64-bit plug-ins only it is fine as well.
Our plan would be to pick about five persons to collaborate with us more closely and in-depth researching.
All the best,