Cubase 9.5.40 update available

I tested recording on my system. With the console fully loaded all 32 channels armed and loaded. I had no issues tracking 26 mono channels and 3 stereo channels. Was no way for me to reproduce your issue.

I track to a ssd with 512mb buffer and I use the 32 bit sound engine. Looking at your video, it dosent seam that cubase and your OS bother to “spinn” up your disk at all.

'On Windows you can roll back without uninstalling/installing anything: Control Panel → Programs and Features → View Installed Updates → Click the Cubase 9.5.30 entry and click uninstall.

If needed 9.5.20 can be found here:
download.steinberg.net/downloads_software/Cubase_Pro_9.5_and_Cubase_Artist_9.5/9.5.20/Cubase_9.5.20_Update_win.exe
download.steinberg.net/downloads_software/Cubase_Pro_9.5_and_Cubase_Artist_9.5/9.5.20/Cubase_9.5.20_Update_mac.dmg

Hello,
Thanks for this update. But what about the update to turn Cubase (like Nuendo) in ‘a full blown VR production platform’ as you stated in the Youtube video of 180314 (Steinberg Virtual Reality World Premiere | Game Developers Conference 2018 - YouTube). That is the one I am really waiting for.
Any news about that?

Thank you, wcb123!

I restore my acronis backup with 9.5.30 … and everything is fine now … i dont know what is the problem with 9.5.40 recording issue … i have a lot of friends without that problem … I have that problem, and some guys here … i am happy if you dont have any problems with new update … maybe, its a lucky … you never know

I went straight to 9.5.3 and fx chains have never worked. Did fx chains work in the 9.5 base install? Considering rolling back to that.

Deselection of MultiOut VSTs Channels is broken. Renders CC121 unsable.

Shift-Alt-click is a feature that will place the the cursor wherever you click, so could it be that you’re unintentionally doing this?

Whenever you move the cursor either with a shift-alt-click or by dragging it, I think we all expect to see it all the time and visualize the events around it. Specially if you are planning to press play afterwards! If it doesn’t scroll automatically it means that you have to shift-alt-click, scroll and shift-alt-click again which is annoying to say the least!

Same issue for me.

I’ve checked 9.5.3 at Win 8.1 FX and Stripe presets work fine.

Drop midi to sampler track - broken.

After upgrading to version 9.5,40, I encountered a problem playing the audio in my browser, I can not listen
audio in the browser with synchronization enabled, fix this problem immediately!

Windows 10 Pro
Intel(R) Core™ i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970\ 4,0 GB\ 2560 x 1080
RAM 15,9 GB

Me too

For me it forks fine

FX chains weren’t loading for me since upgrade from 8.5 to 9.5.3. I did a complete fresh install. Got rid of all traces of Steinberg before install as my mediabay became buggy over the years of updates.

I’m definitely not the only one.

Ive noticed a major problem in the media bay when selecting samples. the preview never works and when it does it plays the same loop no matter which loop/sample i switch too. Another thing it was doing was giving me huge volume peaks that would randomly clip on the master out. might want to look into/fix this problem.

Acustica-Audio Nebula4 VST3 does not show up at all (not even on the list in the Plugin Manager) in C9.5.40 but was working fine in C9.5.30. A-A N4 VST2 version works as expected though.
A bit of a bummer really as I would like to keep as many of my plugins as possible in VST3 format. Other than this issue, 9.5.40 seems ok…so far.

Hi,

I was working with MediaBay yesterday and I cannot confirm this. Or I do something wrong. Could you please write step-by-step repro?

also have this issue, after 9.5.40

Found that turning ON Cycle mode affect the bug. when cycled mode turned off, everything work as it should

Big problems with latest update, Media bay is broken, the samples don’t match my selection and seemingly play at random. My UR824 is like back to the state it was before they developed the new driver, it falls out of sync regularly and starts distorting not only in Cubase but in Maschine and Komplete Kontrol Hosts, was fine before upgrading to 9.5.40… Midi drag to sampler Channel also broken.
“Boom” indeed Matthias…!
Avoid this update, Steinberg how did this get through beta?

Edit for some reason recording was set to 64 bit float.