Cubase iC Pro 1.2.3 and Remote SKI 1.1 available (on sale until Jan 9, 2023 - ended)

Hi @Jordi_Clemente, Hi @gibron_gib,

To my knowledge Apple does not offer this service.
But you might browse the web for alternate options to install previous app versions.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Yesā€¦you can install the last version compatible with your iOSā€¦
But I never look for alternative web. Can the official web Steinberg give me a link to download cubase IC pro 1.2.2 in IPA version ready to install? Or similar?
Maybe Steinberg can change de iOS campatibility in AppStore. And put IOs10. Leaving 1.2.2 for the user that still working with 9.3.6ā€¦Because my app is failing for your update.
I was working with that iPad till you put the versin 1.2.3.
I donā€™t know how solve this. But in my mind is your responsibility.
Try to solve this in the AppStoreā€¦for me that i.m no informĆ tic the right way is the normal wayā€¦I go to the AppStoreā€¦and install from there.
Thank you and sorry my English. :wink:

Hi @Jordi_Clemente,

Cubase iC Pro 1.2.3 and Remote SKI 1.1 has been released in order to address and resolve the problems reported by our users for quite some time. The app is distributed exclusively via the Apple App Store.

There is nothing we can do unfortunately. I suggest to browse the web for alternate solutions to install previous app versions.

Best,
Lars

Sorry but I don.t know how to look for and alternative web. I.m not a pirateā€¦I paid for this app. And I was working till 14 December.
I.m very sad about this. I paid for an app that works well. And now I don.t have anything.
I understand that you can.t do anything technically. Then I think that the userā€™s that we lost app needs a compensation or betterā€¦a solution.( Do you know about if I could talk in Steinberg with another department about this kind of problems, where I can rexpose my point of view and my sadness and we can solve itā€¦not technically, because is not possible as you said before.)
I donā€™t want to be rude. My English is very short. But you understand that this final words and your recommendation to look for an alternative is no good enough for the userā€™s that lost the app in a moment.
Thanks for all.
:wink: I want to be clear with that I.m not angry. It.s only my English level. I want to be kind.
Thanks

Hi @Jordi_Clemente,

Please have a look at the private message Iā€™ve sent to you.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

HOT TIPā€¦

On my Gen6 iPad I was getting odd screen sizes and lack of the typical visual features and controls, notably the iCPro screen would not rotate to the horizontal view. So, I DELETED the app, and then installed it fresh from the App Store. Now it works perfectly on my iPad! I wonder if this is what is happening with Jordi?

Fantastic @LSlowak (and team Steinberg).
So happy to see IC Pro work again :clap:

Is it right that you can not run IC Pro from the browser anymore.
I seem to recall that was possible earlier.

Thanks in advance

Is not my case
ā€¦I have reinstalled all iPad iOS includedā€¦the same final.
Thanks Mr.roos.

Hi @saxmand,

Fantastic @LSlowak (and team Steinberg).
So happy to see IC Pro work again :clap:

Thank you, luckily our engineers made this happenā€¦ :slight_smile:

Is it right that you can not run IC Pro from the browser anymore.
I seem to recall that was possible earlier.

Unfortunately this option is no longer available.

Enjoy making music
& stay well,
Lars

1 Like

Hi @mr.roos,

On my Gen6 iPad I was getting odd screen sizes and lack of the typical visual features and controls, notably the iCPro screen would not rotate to the horizontal view. So, I DELETED the app, and then installed it fresh from the App Store. Now it works perfectly on my iPad!

Glad to read that Cubase iC Pro works as expected.

Best,
Lars

Hi @Jordi_Clemente,

Is not my case
ā€¦I have reinstalled all iPad iOS includedā€¦the same final.
Thanks Mr.roos.

Did send you another link, where the installation of previous versions is described.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

SKI Remote 1.1 did install in Mac OS 10.13 with Cubase 9.5 in spite of the system requirements being much higher.

Before I did that, I backed up my system and I saved the installer for SKI Remote 1.08. That needs to be available in your legacy downloads section for those who might not have saved the installer.

Iā€™m still testing it, so I donā€™t know if there are any issues yet.

1 Like

Hi @Ancient-Future,

Thanks for the update!

Best,
Lars

I really wish you offered a demo rather than making people spend $10 with no recourse. Itā€™s not the money. And I donā€™t mean to sound snippy.

Bbut I purchased some prior iterations of Cubase IC so long ago Iā€™ve forgotten when. And letā€™s just say that they did not perform flawlessly.

I actually could use this thing so I may take a gamble.

Butā€¦ just saying. It -should- have a demo version.

Question: I have an ancient iPad (2) I could take out of storage for remote control. My DAW is Win10. When I purchased ICPro I -believe- it worked on an old iPhone controlling the Win 10 machine via the RemoteSKI. But ā€¦ as I said, it was not reliable.

Can I get some reassurance that my scenario -should- be compatible?

TIA,

ā€”JC

1 Like

If you bought it in the past then you donā€™t need to buy it again. deleting an app from a phone or iPad does not remove it from your purchases. As long as you have the same Apple ID just go to the store and download it again and test for yourself.

Hi @suntower,

Cubase iC Pro 1.2.3 (and Remote SKI 1.1) is a free update for existing users.

Simply log in with your App Store account, which has been used for your previous purchase and grab the updated version free of charge.

No need to purchase the app again.

Best,
Lars

1 Like

LOL. That would require me to remember my iCloud/AppStore account from five years ago. Good luck with that. :smiley:

Old Guy Rant On/

Thatā€™s another bone I have to pick with phone-based ā€˜appsā€™. Itā€™s another eco-system to have to remember. It would be -better- if there was just some way to place everything in MySteinberg, Eg. when I recently upgraded SpectaLayers, I was confronted with yet -another- purchasing ā€˜systemā€™. I wish you guys could pick -one- thing and just stick with it.

/Old Guy Rant Off

please send me link too thanks

Miraculously, I was able to find my iCloud account and get the new version of iC Pro installed on the iPad 2 and RemoteSKI on my Windows DAW.

I open the app on the iPad. A dialogue box opens and it correctly recognise the DAW Computer by name (no need to enter the IP address). However, when I make the selection, POOF! the iC Pro app vanishes from the iPad screen.

Any ideas on what/if anything I can do to remedy or troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Hi @suntower,

Did you install the Remote SKI 1.1 update as well?

Thanks
Lars

1 Like