Cubase iC Pro back on Google Play, 50% Off (ending Sept 7, 2023)

We are very glad to announce the return of Cubase iC Pro for Android, which is available for immediate download on Google Play. Alongside, Cubase iC Pro for iOS has been updated as well.

Get Cubase iC Pro on Google Play
Download Cubase iC Pro on the App Store

In addition, Cubase iC Pro joins the current Steinberg Summer Deals sale, letting you grab our smart Cubase remote app for iOS and Android at 50% OFF until September 7, 2023

Important Note:
The Steinberg SKI Remote must be installed before using Cubase iC Pro and can be downloaded at Steinberg SKI Remote | Steinberg.

If you encounter issues, please check out this Cubase iC Pro troubleshooting article.

If you like Cubase iC Pro, please support us by rating this app on Google Play and the App Store!

Best wishes,
Lars

1 Like

Whatā€™s been updated in the iOS version?

1 Like

Hi @mkok,

With the re-release of Cubase iC Pro, weā€™ve decided to give Cubase iC Pro for iOS a minor update too.

The biggest visible change is the all new beautiful app icon, among minor improvements under the hood.

Thanks
Lars

1 Like

Nice colour :joy:

The Android version was previously abandoned, and no refund was offered. Does this need to be purchased again, or does the original license remain valid?

3 Likes

Hi @MrSoundman,

Nice colour :joy:

Indeed, very nice colorā€¦

Best,
Lars

Hi @MrSoundman,

The Android version was previously abandoned, and no refund was offered. Does this need to be purchased again, or does the original license remain valid?

Cubase iC Pro for Android was discontinued back in July 2015. With the re-release of iC Pro for iOS end of last year, weā€™ve received many user requests to bring back iC Pro for Android.

iC Pro for Android is a new app - both technically and a new product on Google Play. Google does not offer options to releasing this version as an update unfortunately.

Best,
Lars

Regarding the Android version:

1. Have the technical issues that led to the abandonment of the previous version been addressed in subsequent Android OS versions?
  2. What is the minimum Android OS version required, and are there any other hardware requirements?

I understand that Google Play will indicate whether a given device is compatible, but that assumes that one already has the device, and does not help anyone intending to purchase a device to run ic Pro.

1 Like

Hi @MrSoundman,

Cubase iC Pro for Android has been fully reworked, which also is the reason it is no update to the former app which was discontinued back in July 2015.

The installation procedure works as follows:

• Get Cubase iC Pro on Google Play.
  • Install the Remote SKI extension on your computer that runs Cubase, and follow the setup instructions on the Remote SKI website.

If Google detects a device which is incompatible with an app offered, the app will not become available for purchase in Google Play.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

1 Like

With respect, that has not answered either of my questions.

Google Play does not advise on whether a device is compatible until one has already purchased the device and logged on to Google Play with it. If I am looking to purchase a small tablet Android device to use iC Pro, what approximate specification should such a device have?

For example, is there any GUI restriction on the screen size? I seem to remember that tablets with 7" screens only got the mobile phone version of the GUI, despite having much higher screen resolution.

1 Like

I have the same question, I purchased the old version, have to pay again?

Hi @MrSoundman,

There are no requirements, every device from the last few years with Android 8, should be fine to run iC Pro without any issues.

For example, is there any GUI restriction on the screen size? I seem to remember that tablets with 7" screens only got the mobile phone version of the GUI, despite having much higher screen resolution.

No, the team tried to mitigate this issue as good as can, given that it is impossible to test on all tablets available on the market. It shouldnā€™t happen anymore.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Hi @rvperez,

Cubase iC Pro for Android was discontinued back in July 2015. With the re-release of iC Pro for iOS end of last year, weā€™ve received many user requests to bring back iC Pro for Android.

iC Pro for Android is a new app - both technically and a new product on Google Play. Google does not offer options to releasing this version as an update unfortunately.

Best,
Lars

Hi there. Cubase iC pro is crashing on Android every time I try to connect with Cubase. Btw with my old iPad is working.

1 Like

Hi @G-row12,

Unfortunately weā€™re unable to reproduce your crash issues. However our engineering might be able to check the crash reports via Google Play to further evaluate the issue.

Best,
Lars

Hi all,

If you encounter issues when using Cubase iC Pro, please check the following troubleshooting article:

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Thanks for reply.

1 Like

To whom this might concern,

Given these:

the lack of full-screen faders and quite a few other feature/functionality and ergonomic issues, I think Iā€™ll wait to see whether Steinberg are serious about properly supporting this app before dropping any cash on it.

The last time I used it, it was depressingly clunky and bug-ridden and the support was truly appalling - it was a mere toy not worthy of the ā€œProā€ moniker - the app genuinely appeared a proper afterthought, something to tick a box against the fully-integrated solutions offered by the competition.

Yes, itā€™s only Ā£7.99; yes, Iā€™m a stalwart Cubase user; yes Iā€™m considering a much more expensive ā€˜solutionā€™ by Elgato plus a much larger monitor ā€¦ but, to be honest, Iā€™m fed up of investing in half-@$$ā‚¬d products only to see them dropped after years of broken promises and continual underinvestment.

Come on, Steinberg, letā€™s see some commitment instead of bragging about icons with a ā€˜newā€™ colour, even if this is an attempt at facetious humour!

Ball. Court. Yours.

Steve.

Hi there,
I canā€™t find any info on network integration.
My Studio PC doesnā€™t have either Wi-Fi nor Buetooth; is it enough to be on the
same network via ethernet for my PC to be controlled by IC Pro?

Thanks for your help,
Ralf :wink: