Cubase Keeps Shutting Down- graphics2d.dll error 0x80070005

This is what’s at the top of the thread. Perhaps it needs to be corrected:

PS: - I did read the whole thread.

1 Like

I agree and I’m sorry if I came across belligerent by suggesting you perhaps haven’t read the whole thread, mea culpa. I’m just really frustrated at this moment. I spent 5000 dollars on a new system only to find it crashes

1 Like

Thanks for these excellent suggestions. I will follow up on both

No worries sir. I know the feeling. And from the many threads, Cubase + graphics cards is a far too prevalent a problem, including for myself.

I was thinking of starting a thread requesting tech specs from people WITHOUT card related problems in order to formulate a list and see if there’s at least some consistent pattern.

For example, I don’t think anyone mentions a problem here with an internal Intel GPU…

2 Likes

Good suggestion. I tried the onboard graphics card but the resulting limited resolution made working with Cubase impossible, so not an option for me

1 Like

Actually, it seems my onboard GPU (I specified the wrong CPU above, turns out I have the i5-11600K rather than the i5-11600KF, so I do actually have onboard GPU) should cater for higher resolutions (max 4096x2160@60Hz) . It was probably the lowest resolution it defaulted to when I disabled or uninstalled the NVIDIA drivers. If the problems persist and Cubase keeps crashing, I’ll try the onboard GPU again, see whether I can set it to a workable resolution and report back here on whether it solves the issue.

Title of todays essay:
“Cubase does not like TV’s” - Please discuss.

1 Like

can you change the res in Windows Display Options?

Before I found a fix I was prepared to ask for a full refund because what’s the point? Of fighting so hard to use some software when there are other options. Now I’m dreading upgrading my GPU because who knows what happens.

Intermediate update: I have had two Cubase sessions of a few hours without the crash. Saying a little prayer again here. What I did is: open the NVIDIA app, and especially for Cubase made a graphical settings profile, where I without any knowledge, set most options to what I feel are the least demanding, the most basic ones. I’ll keep monitoring the situation and if it turns out to help (yaaay!!!) I’ll post a screenshot of the configuration here.

1 Like

I have a feeling that this maybe the solution for most graphic card issues. I am going to create a profile for mine as well during the day and see what happens as I have my card setup for performance which I am feeling is causing the issue.

1 Like

I’d be interested to know whether that worked for you? I have had a few sessions each lasting about an hour or 3 on average, without the crash. I dare not to call it victory yet though. Anyone?

:frowning: I had the crash again. Bummer. Really pissed off actually at Steinberg, NVIDIA, Windows, what or whomever is responsible.

It does seem to occur less frequently, but still… very frustrating for such an expensive piece of software and ditto hardware

Do any of you have Break Tweaker installed? I had the same problem, I uninstalled BT and it fixed everything. I have been in touch with Izotope support and have tried all the installation suggestions, nothing works I use amd with nvidia Quattro p4. I love BT but it screws up my machine.

It basically never occurs anymore. Had two windows updates but even before that it hardly crashes. Didn’t change anything though.

Happy.

Happens with Cubase 12 as well and AMD graphics cards. It’s driving me insane.

1 Like

Hi,

Which graphic card exactly, which driver version, which Windows version?

1 Like

I already wrote this in another Thread on the Topic, hope it can help someone with this problem:

I had the same crashes with AMD Ryzen 2400g with integrated graphics. And Cubase told me graphics2d and ucrtbase. But what really happend had nothing to do with it. In my case it was a samplerate clock issue between Interface and ADAT-Device.

Since i found it, i never had graphics2d and ucrtbase again and no random crashes! This was over a year ago - no problems since then. Still same CPU / GPU / Hardware etc.

Hi,

Could you link the thread, please?

Nothing special over there - it is the same:
graphics2d.dll crashes - Cubase - Steinberg Forums