Dorico 4.3 keeps crashing

@Ulf @dspreadbury

The problem keeps coming back. Slowly losing my mind here, this has been going on for almost two years. So I can only list all of the facts, I would be so, so thankful if someone could suggest what I could be dealing with.

Today (as always) the iMac restarted when using Dorico (5.6.10.1111). What happens is that Dorico freezes and there comes a loud cracking sound from the speakers. It used to be a long and super loud ang high beep, now it is just a “zip”. It never happened, not even once, with another program. I use also Cubase, Logic and Sibelius - never a crash.

On my console there is no crash report.

Since the last time I started the iMac from scratch, running on Monterey. I’ve tried different keyboards, no change.

Another thing:

Whenever I work on a score with multiple instruments Dorico always changes the “writing” sound to the sound of the highest staff, whatever instrument that is. Even if a piano staff is activated, the sound changes to flute - very often midfrase. There is an own thread on this, no solution: Dorico changing sound in write mode Maybe this gives another hint…?

I would again be ENORMOUSLY thankful if someone spotted the cause(s) for this/these problem(s)!

Jarkko_crashes_2023-09-15.zip (7.9 KB)