eLicenser Server Status

Hi Tonelabaudio!

I have kind of same situation. Sorry to say but the only thing we can do is wait. :bowing_man:

I feel your pain :pensive:

1 Like

February 26, 2021

7:35 AM CET
The license server is back online and accessible again.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused!

8:20 AM CET
Unfortunately, the license server is offline again. We have started the analysis.

Less than one hour,good job!

4 Likes

If you need sysadmin kindly ask to send you my cv.it is getting tiring not be able to isntall a license.

A statement from the people working now on it:

ā€œWe are working on an alternative, hopefully more permanent approach to resolve this issue.
Unfortunately, the time required is similarly high to the first attempt. Therefore I donā€™t expect visible results today. Nevertheless, we are making progress behind the scenes.ā€
Apparently someone at Steinberg made the mistake of contracting the E-Licenser software to be hosted on a server farm owned by a Mr MacDonald who, I believe has had the farm for many years and is now reaching retirement age . The product is to be rebranded as the Ee-I Ee-I Oh! licenser! On a serious note ā€¦ the fact that the server keeps failing and has been problematic for years without any apparent real attempt to fix or replace is not the only problem Stenberg as a company have. The failure to to keep customers informed of what is happening is an embarrassment. At time of writing this there have been no official status updates since early this morning.

3 Likes

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. PLEASE FIX IT! This is so Frustrating!

1 Like

Itā€™s now 5pm Friday in Germany, does this mean work will stop for the weekend? Or will work continue until the issue is fixed? I donā€™t know the answer to this, but I guess we shall seeā€¦

2 Likes

I spend 2 hours today while trying to register a key for a Vienna VST. I should have looked into this forum earlier. It is unbelieveable. When I searched for problems, there are similar entries from 2012! This is ridiculous. I wanted to work on my project with the new instrument today / this weekend. Well, weĀ“ll see when IĀ“ll be able to.

1 Like

This is annoying I just bought a new pc and hoped to work on it th weekendā€¦

1 Like

Glad to see a recent post on this. Iā€™m also having the same issue. Hope all is fixed soon. Iā€™ll be checking here to see the status. Is there anywhere else we can actually check the status or is it only via email/support?

Same issue, same setting, eager to install my Cubase Artist 11, but canā€™t as the server is not reachable. Took all the same steps of ensuring no local FW, is blocking it. And indeed ping timeoutsā€¦

Steinberg Download Assistan there is no connection to the server.
I canā€™t activate Cubase AI for a week now

This is your best option: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360019861220-License-server-outages

After many days it eventually worked in my case. But there are simply too many of these complaints over the years. Youā€™re talking about new users including people taking the plunge to switch DAW. As they say you never get a second chance at a first impressionā€¦

I really wish I had read this thread before paying for Cubase a couple days ago. Definitely I wouldnā€™t have purchased the product.
Now I only feel that Steinberg kidnapped my money without giving absolutely anything back, what is almost a scam.

1 Like

Also, you gotta love that they didnĀ“t take the ten minutes to change the error message so that one doesnĀ“t try it again and again.

1 Like

I donā€™t quite get your behavior. You can send them a mail, and get your money back, if you feel that way. There is no ā€œscamā€ whatsoever.

First time customer. It will be the last

1 Like

Maybe this is a stupid question, but, why doesnā€™t steinberg just use iLok? It works for developers just fineā€¦and for customers it is in a different league.
After using ilok for 18 years with no problems whatsoever, I finally got an e licencer so I could buy backbone. from the second I plugged it in, I have had non stop problems.

It is actually rare for me to fire up a steinberg product and NOT have some kind of activation error.

How do they get this so wrong for such a long established company?? You can have all the features in the world, but things like this let the entire system down.

1 Like

Same issue for me.

Of all the times it could have happened, exactly now my licenser decided to fall apart and starts malfunctioning. Luckily, i have a spare licenser because i suspected something like that would happen some day because i use Cubase on two computers and have to handle the fragile dongle multiple times a day. However, iā€™m unable to transfer the licenses now! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

This really is unacceptable. No redundancy or failover server for such a critical service? Can we now PLEASE get rid of the e-licenser dongles? Weā€™re living in the year 2021, there surely must be better solutions.

1 Like