EUCON Update!

@noeqplease thanks for your reply.
I’m on PC, AMD Ryzen 9 3950X, Windows 10 Enterprise v 1909, Eucontrol version 2021.6.1.7, Eucon version 4.7.9.7, Nuendo 11.0.41, Avid S1

Unfortunately, using FadePort and the S1 in parallel doesn’t make any difference. FaderPort runs via Midi.

Nuendo regocnizes the nudge and bank commands via the small indicator, but doesn’t react to it…

@noeqplease also tried it on a Macbook with the old MC Mix…
unfortunately also unlucky. As you can see, Nuendo recognizes the commands by moving the indicator but doesn’t follow nudging or banking by scrolling - same like on my PC system with the S1. It only jumps to the selected track (see end of the video).

1 Like

That’s not an S1. That is an Artist Mix. 1st gen. I had one, but upgraded to newer ones, with black instead of silver, since I bought a Control and another fader bank which were black.

Hard to troubleshoot when things are different each time.

Is it’s firmware up to date?

This is just old / backup gear (but all up to date) and I just tried it because you are on Mac too and using an Artist Mix. In the Studio I’m working on PC with an Avid S1. But as I said it neither works on PC with the S1 (and the MC Mix) nor on Mac with the MC Mix (and S1).

But in the end it should not make any difference… Nuendo, Firmware and EuCon / EuControl versions are all the latest. So I’m curious why it works on your system.

Hi chednb,

I am not using an Artist Mix, but an Artist CONTROL. With the latest firmware. I’ll post details later with the video.

In fact, your Nuendo on the PC is version 10. See screenshot below. Not at all the same as what I have here. Perhaps that is an issue. Steinberg updated Eucon protocol in version 11. Regardless, I’ll post a video and again my exact settings, hardware, etc. for you. If you still have problems, it will be because in fact you are indeed using a different version of Nuendo. That is most likely the problem.

Cheers

sorry, this was just a misspelling! Just corrected the old posts.

As I wrote, everything is up-to-date, Nuendo 11.0.41, EuControl, Firmware, etc. …
thanks, I’m really looking forward to your video.

1 Like

LOL well it does not do it now for the video.

I think I might have been using another DAW at the time. I apologize for being doggedly insistent that it worked on my system.

It only jumps to the track when a track is selected. I did try to change all sorts of settings on the EuCon settings, and on the Nuendo preferences.

It would be nice to have this feature, where the edit window and mix window scroll along with a controller, without having to select a track.

Sorry. As you were.

1 Like

Good news,
things are changing for the better!
Since the last EuControl update from Avid, plugins are now being closed in Nuendo too when closing them via the controller! So there are literally two “big” issues left, to use Avid controllers and Steinberg software in a professional way

1. Nuendo doesn’t follow scrolling in the Avid control app / nudging or banking on the Avid controller
  2. selecting tracks via touching the faders causes the fader position jumping to -0.06dB (using an Avid S1) - fader calibration in general!

We are getting closer!
@TimoWildenhain @Matthias_Quellmann can we expect fixes for these remaining issues in the near future (next maintenance update or Nuendo 12)? That would be awesome, thanks in advance!

3 Likes

I have tested and can confirm this issue (N 11.0.41), all latest versions of EuControl, Avid Control App, S1 Firmware. So these are the actual issues

1. Nuendo doesn’t follow scrolling in the Avid control app / nudging or banking on the Avid controller
  2. selecting tracks via touching the faders causes the fader position jumping to -0.06dB (using an Avid S1) - fader calibration in general!
  3. bypassing EQ/DYN button “IN” (channel view) in avid controll app doesn’t work in Nuendo
1 Like