EUCON Update!

yeah happens here as well… generally the control app is sometimes lagging.
but this depends on how good the wifi connection is (my experience)

Edit: but I wouldn’t use the Euconized channel checkboxes to handle visibility. With the new mixer mirror function, it’s much more effective to use Nuendos visibility agents imho.

I also have to quit / reset the app and/or Eucontrol from time to time because it freezes every now and then. Softkeys no longer responding, tracks no longer visible. When I simple quit and restart the app, everything works fine again, most of the time.

So in short, Eucon functionality is getting better, but still not fully reliable. (At least it doesn’t crash everything anymore)

@TimoWildenhain @Matthias_Quellmann can we please get an official answer / confirmation if Steinberg is aware of the remaining Eucon issues and will fix these in a future (the next?) maintenance or major update?

Thanks in advance

I’m having the same problem. Sometimes it is working the whole day without an issue, sometimes I need to restart EuControl multiple times to get it back working.

@TimoWildenhain @Matthias_Quellmann
with the Cubase 11.0.30 update, there are unfortunately no further improvements on the known Eucon issues.

Can we expect a fix for these issues and when?

Thanks in advance,
all the best

1 Like

Also no further improvements in Nuendo 11.0.30… Unfortunately…

1 Like

@TimoWildenhain @Matthias_Quellmann unfortunately also no further Eucon improvements in 11.0.40! Can we expect to get the remaining Eucon issues solved in one of the next updates?

Thanks in advance

Would love to see these implemented! I hope they focus on Eucon soon.

Hello Puma0382,

Please disregard my post. I apologize that my wording was not what I intended. My mistakes were that I was incorporating several discussions at the same time, and posting in the wrong forum, and at the wrong time, for those incomplete comments. I meant no disrespect to anyone or any company. I have deleted that post from this thread.

My sincere goal is to help Steinberg thrive in the professional world. I have been a very longtime user and advocate for their software. There is a tremendous amount of software available for creative folks. And given all of those choices, I am still choosing to use Nuendo, more than 20 years now.

Again, My apologies.

Oh, ok - understood, and no problem at all… and as such, am deleting that question/response of mine now. All the best, Bob

Thanks Bob,
I hope you are well and good and continually creative. All the best!
Michael

Just saw this announcement on KVR - maybe there is some good news for folk here…
Avid updates EUCON with Custom Plugin Mapping and Meter Creation for Avid Control Surfaces (kvraudio.com)

1 Like

“funny” side note: using my ancient FaderPort Classic for navigation instead of my Avid S1 is much faster and effective, because Nuendos mixer and project window both follow the nudging and banking commands from the FaderPort.

So I find myself using the FaderPort and the S1 parallel :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: FaderPort for navigation and transport, S1 for mixing, pan, EQ, dynamics…

thank god I didn’t throw away this old controller years ago…

1 Like

remaining EuCon issues

1. Nuendo doesn’t follow scrolling in the Avid control app / nudging or banking on the Avid controller
  2. selecting tracks via touching the faders causes the fader position jumping to -0.06dB (using an Avid S1) - fader calibration in general!
  3. if you open a plugin via the Avid controller, it opens in Nuendo, but when you close it on the Avid controller (e.g. using the “back” button on the S1) it is not closing in Nuendo and remains on the screen - allthough the “Close windows on workstation when exiting” option in EuControl is checked.
    4. // sometimes, there is some confusing parameter mapping on the Avid controller when opening plugins. Often you have to browse lots “blank” pages to get to important / basic parameters! So mapping in general should be more straight forward // with Eucon 2021.6 you are able to make custom layouts for plugins, EQs, … so this point is more or less obsolete now…
  4. the 4 soft keys on the bottom left of the S1 don’t work initially / have no function
  5. tbc…

@Puma0382 thanks for this hint, this works perfectly and is a huge improvement for controlling plugins via the controller!

1 Like

Hi chedb,

Here on my Macbook Pro 2019, Mac OsX Big Sur 11.6, Eucontrol version 2021.6.1.7, EUCON version 4.7.9.7, Nuendo 11.0.41, Avid Artist Control surface.

Banking and Nudging channels works fine. The Nuendo project window jumps to the correct selected channel, when you bank, there is a small indicator color (blue grey) between the track number and the track name and button strip on the right, and it correctly follows the Avid Control banking and nudging buttons, and the window scrolls or jumps according to where you bank or nudge it to.

Cheers.

@noeqplease Thanks for the information!
I’m also running the latest Eucontrol version but Nuendo 11.0.20…
I also see the small indicator in Nuendo and it correctly follows the Avid Control banking and nudging buttons, but the Nundo project window and mixer are not following / jumping / scrolling… Only when I select a track (in Nuendo, or on the S1 / the App) project window, mixer and / or S1 are jumping to the correct position.
I don’t think this is related to the maintenance update 11.0.41, because nothing Eucon related was mentioned in the release notes. Do you have any suggestion whre the problem is located?

1 Like

Not sure. Here is a screenshot of my Studio Setup / Remote devices/ Eucon settings. I am not yet familiar enough with Nuendo to help further… Also, my Eucon application “General” tab.

Hi @noeqplease,
so now I also updated to Nuendo 11.0.41, but it still doesn’t work for me.

I think we maybe talk about two different things?!

unfortunately this is not happening on my system.

What I want is, that the shown tracks on the controller are in synch with the shown tracks in Nuendo (project window, mixer). At the moment when I nudge / bank on the controller, Nuendo isn’t following (scrolling) and stays with the actual selected track as long as I select another track on the controller, then Nuendo jumps to this track…
So navigating through a project by nudging or banking on the controller is impossible imho

ProTools does what I want, the actual selected track remains selected, but when nudging or banking on the Avid S1 controller, ProTools stays “synch” in view and is scrolling to show the same tracks on screen as shown on the controller.

Sorry that it is not working for you. I am using an Avid Artist Control, used to be made by Euphonix. Are you on Mac or PC? I am on Mac.

That would be the difference…

You also mention this:

Blockquote
So I find myself using the FaderPort and the S1 parallel :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: FaderPort for navigation and transport, S1 for mixing, pan, EQ, dynamics…

Maybe using two controllers at the same time is causing issues? Are you using EuCon for the S1 and ??? for the Faderport? Have you tried only using one or the other?

You have not posted your app / software versions, what OS you are using, nor any details on your system. So maybe that is the next step, hopefully someone else on here is using something similar enough to help further. Cheers.