EUCON Update!

I couldn’t find any pricing information on that surround panner. I would prefer the one for Nuage because of the thinner shape. But, since I don’t have Nuage, does that mean my only option is that wider shaped model and is there a difference in price between the two?

Well, why don’t you get in contact with these guys!?
They are nice guys, they don’t bite. :slight_smile:

AFAIK, there is only one panner.
I think you are fooled by the pictures.
The first pictures show the panner in an enclosure, a box that holds the panner.
The Nuage pics show the panner that is dropped into the Nuage small workspace.

HTH
Fredo

I got one of these… And am in contact with them also about features and stuff.
Peter is a great guy and always willing to help.
The one in the box is the same as dropped into the Nuage.

The orientation of the top photo (horizontal) is different from the bottom photo (vertical). So, you can see how I would think that there are 2 models, Since they said on the website that there were two models.

I did reach out for pricing. Now I’m waiting on a reply for the dimensions, so that I can determine how to place it in the current hardware setup. Thanks for the link. :+1:

Guys, this surround panner thing is not directly Eucon update related, so please keep this thread clean!
Thanks

3 Likes

@TimoWildenhain are there any news about the maintenance update release? Lots of us really waiting hard for these Eucon improvements. Thanks in advance

there is an update available…

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/nuendo-11-0-20-update-available/

1 Like

I just saw that the update was released and immediately tested the improvements.
Absolutely great that the mixer mirroring is now working!

Thanks @TimoWildenhain and the dev team! The long waiting has finally come to an end :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Unfortunately the second very important issue “Nuendo doesn’t follow scrolling in the Avid control app / nudging or banking on the Avid controller” is still not fixed. Can we expect to get this fixed in the next update?

There are still lots of “minor” issues, but by resolving this one, Eucon control surfaces would finally be usable in a professional way!

Thanks in advance, best

1 Like

Was reading the notes from Steinberg. It states “This option only affects EuConized channels that are autoassigned in the EuControl settings.”

What exactly does this mean? I do not currently own an Avid Eucon controller but have held off owning one due to this bug.

In Cubendo in the Eucon settings, you can choose channel types (e.g. IO channels, audio, groups, instruments, …) which are “EuConized”, so you can handle them via Eucon / the controller.

Ah, thank you!

chednb,

Are you testing this with the newer S1 model or do you have the Artist Mix model working?

S1. I’ll also test the S1 in combination with my tablet and the Avid control app tomorrow.

1 Like

Not working for me with Cubase /S1 and Dock. I have the"Mirror MixConsole Channel Visibility" box checked under the Eucon settings in Studio Setup but tracks not visible on the Cubase mixer are still showing up on the S1 and the dock. What’s the secret? Thanks much -

Also what happened to the default Cubase softkeys that where there in previous versions. Softkeys are completely empty now?? Thanks

It’s working great with Cubase and an S3 here. Have you tried un-checking the “Mirror MixConsole Channel Visibility” and then re-checking it? I think I had to do this when I loaded some old sessions in order for it to work.

Okay - an FYI in case this is an issue for anyone else. I was able to retrieve the Softkeys from an older Cubase Version because I was actually astute enough to save them in EuControl previously… But aside from that, does anyone know what my EuControl (not Cubase) settings should be for my S1/Dock to correctly follow visibility in the Cubase mixer with ver 11.0.20? … or are the default Eucontrol settings supposed to work as they are ? - Thanks - Cheers -

Tested it with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e and the Android version of the Avid control app. Works like a charm!! Very nice!

@TimoWildenhain @Matthias_Quellmann
Dear Steinberg admins and dev team members, thanks a lot to finally fix the mixer mirror issue after years! This is really “a dream coming true”!

So now it is the time to keep this going on, to make Eucon control surfaces fully functional with Cubendo. There are still lots of bugs and issues, but I want you to keep the drive and tackle these long term issues. You see there is a huge Steinberg community asking for fixing Eucon problems, so please don’t “ignore” us again for years! I started this thread due to huge frustration, but since Nuendo 11 there is progress and beeing persistent finally payed off! Thanks in advance.

As I already mentioned in one of my posts above, there is one big issue to make Eucon controllers usable in a professional way (imho) and this is the “Nuendo doesn’t follow scrolling in the Avid control app / nudging or banking on the Avid controller” bug. One key-function of a controller is, to replace tasks done by mouse and / or keyboard. Fast navigation through a session is essential, but at the moment not possible, because there is no “visual feedback” in the Cubendo project / mixer window when banking or nudging on the controller. So linking the controller and DAW navigation “visually” by following scrolling / banking / nudging would make fast navigation possible without using mouse or keyboard.

It is a little bit better on the S1 using it in combination with a tablet. Because there you also have your tracks and mixer visualized…

Here is a list with remaining issues sorted by priority imho

1. Nuendo doesn’t follow scrolling in the Avid control app / nudging or banking on the Avid controller

2. selecting tracks via touching the faders causes the fader position jumping to -0.06dB (using an Avid S1)

3. if you open a plugin via the Avid controller, it opens in Nuendo, but when you close it on the Avid controller (e.g. using the “back” button on the S1) it is not closing in Nuendo and remains on the screen

4. sometimes, there is some confusing parameter mapping on the Avid controller when opening plugins. Often you have to browse lots “blank” pages to get to important / basic parameters! So mapping in general should be more straight forward

5. the 4 soft keys on the bottom left of the S1 don’t work initially / have no function

To all other users, please feel free to expand this list.
Would be nice to get some official confirmation here, if Steinberg will move on to fix these bugs as well.

Thanks and all the best

1 Like

It’s working fine now. I was looking at the mixer window in the editor. Only works on the three mixer views. Also had make sure I had the EuControl settings correct. Works nicely. Big step towards full integration. Hope the rest comes soon. Thanks Steinberg team!

I installed the Nuendo 11.0.20 update today. I notice that, when enabling the new “Mirror Mixconsole Channel Visibility” in the Eucon settings, the meters on Avid control (iPad) are not always responding correctly. This happens when I filter channel types in the mix console. For example: when I deselect “Audio channels” and “Group Channels”, the meters of the Output busses are no longer responding. Or, when I deselect “Audio channels” and “FX Channels”, the meters of the Group and Output busses freeze. Any one else notice this behaviour?

2 Likes