Export window: save ID3-tags with project

If you want to export a track in mp3-format with ID3-tags and open the tag window, you will see tags not from the recent project but from the last exported project. So you have to type in all the tags again. This is because Cubase doesn’t save the tags with the current project but in its general settings. This is annoying! Please change this, Steinberg.

3 Likes

+1000

Yes, annoying.

And one can easily forget to change it, because you don’t see that the tags are all wrong if you don’t open up that window.

1 Like

+1 needs to be saved with the project

1 Like

I track it here but unfortunately cannot add it to the main poll as it’s limited to 10 options.

Just want to bump this one once again.

I am often working on a lot of songs at the same time. Based on feedback I receive I have to export revisions of the tracks. And it’s not always the last track I worked on… Therefore it is utterly frustrating that:

1. The ID3 tag info isn’t stored with the project.
  2. The inputs get truncated after a certain number of characters.
  3. It doesn’t cope with special characters.

For 2 and 3, yes, you can update them in Windows explorer > file properties, but come on…

Exporting to mp3 is for many of us an important part of the workflow. Based on the new features recently introduced in Cubase 13, I reckon you might have some spare time to improve this aspect of Cubase. A lot of us would highly appreciate this.

1 Like

This is also an annoying workflow obstacle for me. Thank you for reminding the Steinberg guys.

+1

I think there are several settings - incl. ID3 tag - that should belong to the project, not globally to program. Another example is, e.g., the grid type (is it 16th vs. maybe 60% swing in another project)…

+10000

Still waiting …

BUMP!