I tried to update to Dorico 4 from Dorico 3.5 as I am in “the grace period”, but I failed. I follwed all the steps you said on steinberg site:
- I opened my “eLicenser Control Center” application and performed the maintenance tasks.
- In the eLicenser Control Center “Licenses” information, “Grace Period Eligible” appeared after Dorico 3.5, then, my browser poped up trying to open a page (stage.steinberg.net). Than, nothing happened. That page never opened.
- I closed the eLicenser Control Center and the browser and tried to download Dorico 4 update via Steinberg Download Assistent. After updating the Download Assistent, I installed Dorico 4 update.
- I closed Steinberg Download Assistent and launched Dorico 4. Than, a new window appeared telling me that it tries to open Steinberg Activation Manager. After opening it, I was informed that I do not have a License for the product.
- Now, every time I try to open Dorico 4, I get the message “No license found” followed by three buttons: More information, Retry and Dismiss that are useless as they point me to Steinberg Support (where I can not find my problem at all), or if I hit Retry nothing happens, or finally Dismiss that… Does not make me happier… At all!
If you want, I can send pictures of my attempts and the messages that I received during trying to install Dorico 4, just tell me on what e-mail address.
Please tell me what to do (preferably step by step).
Looking forward to hearing from you,