Fail to upgrade from Dorico 3.5 to Dorico 4

Dear Sir,
I tried to update to Dorico 4 from Dorico 3.5 as I am in “the grace period”, but I failed. I follwed all the steps you said on steinberg site:

1. I opened my “eLicenser Control Center” application and performed the maintenance tasks.
  2. In the eLicenser Control Center “Licenses” information, “Grace Period Eligible” appeared after Dorico 3.5, then, my browser poped up trying to open a page (stage.steinberg.net). Than, nothing happened. That page never opened.
  3. I closed the eLicenser Control Center and the browser and tried to download Dorico 4 update via Steinberg Download Assistent. After updating the Download Assistent, I installed Dorico 4 update.
  4. I closed Steinberg Download Assistent and launched Dorico 4. Than, a new window appeared telling me that it tries to open Steinberg Activation Manager. After opening it, I was informed that I do not have a License for the product.
  5. Now, every time I try to open Dorico 4, I get the message “No license found” followed by three buttons: More information, Retry and Dismiss that are useless as they point me to Steinberg Support (where I can not find my problem at all), or if I hit Retry nothing happens, or finally Dismiss that… Does not make me happier… At all!
    If you want, I can send pictures of my attempts and the messages that I received during trying to install Dorico 4, just tell me on what e-mail address.

Please tell me what to do (preferably step by step).
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Dinu Savu

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you’ve had this problem, Dinu. If you still have open the browser tab that opened when eLCC tried to redirect you to your grace period update, you should be able to manually fix that URL and proceed from there. The URL should begin with www rather than stage, so if you still have that page open, you should be able to replace stage with www and then try going to that page again: you should then find that you are taken to the right page on the web site and can proceed to redeem your grace period update from there.

Unfortunately I don’t have that page opened anymore (I closed the browser). Now, if I open the eLicenser it doesn’t point me anymore to that page (or any other page)… So, what else can I do?

Got the same problem, i had the link in browser history.
Replaced the stage with www. Got to the “You are eligible for a free grace period update”, clicked the “Claim your grace period update now” - then got a 403 error, site says “403 - forbidden” - still a no-go here :(get the same 403 error in Safari, Chrome and Brave browsers

Hi Daniel,
I am having exactly the same problem. I no longer have the browser tab that opened when eLCC tried to redirect me to the grace period update. Also, the eLCC confirms grace period eligibility but no longer tries to redirect me to the upgrade page. Please advise.
David Plummer

OK, hang tight, everybody. Lots going on today, but we’re working on it!

4 Likes

URL for the 403 error:
https://trial.steinberg.net/request-grace-period/

Same here!

@Berkay_Sirin Please send me an email to d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de including a screengrab of the eLicenser Control Center window showing your Dorico 3.5 license, and I’ll be glad to help you.

Yes, the upgrade from Dorico 3.5 to 4 through the grace period is not working for me also

@S4410, same advice, send me an email with a picture of eLCC showing your Dorico Pro 3.5 license, and we’ll take it from there.

1 Like

Mail sent w/ screengrab from me too…

Bear with me, there’s only one of me and many of you, so I’ll get back to you ASAP!

3 Likes

It’s a 403 for me too, so it seems pretty clear that it’s broken in a widespread way. Congrats on the launch; I’ll check back in later today to see if it’s ready.

Please drop me an email (to d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de) with a screenshot of your eLicenser Control Center window, and I’ll send you the URL you need to get your grace period update.

1 Like

I just sent you the e-mail with attached printscreen of my eLicenser Control Center.
Dinu Savu

Same here-- Screenshot sent. Congrats on the release; this must have you pulling your hair out!

Chewy

Hello all,
first of all I would like to say that I am sorry that there are difficulties in redeeming the Grace Period.

To be able to reproduce the problem, please give me the following information:

1. From the eLCC do you land on “www.steinberg.net/graceperiod/…” or on “stage.steinberg.net/graceperiod/…”
  2. is the “Claim you grace period update now” button displayed?
  3. which browser do you use on which operating system?
  4. Do you have an USB-eLicenser attached to your computer

Problem solved! Thank you very much, Sir!
Dinu Savu

Here’s where I land:

I decided to open the Download Assistant instead.

Also , it would be helpful to show on the Steinberg LANDING PAGE how to get Dorico 4 as grace period update, in BIG FAT letters. I got an email asking me to buy it, the landing page asking me to buy it and had to search, visit the blog and forums before I finally found out I had to do maintenance on the e-Licenser.