Feature Requests

[quote=“musicullum, post:206, topic:792859, full:true”]

You asked that question in another thread before…

Sorry, deleted first and reposted using quote, make the thread clear and organised, the question was strictly asked because “playlist” word was used. We all understand what “setlist” means in the app :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ll give this a try.

Transpose Song, this includes Audio Tracks. This is frequently needed for guest vocalists, or singers that may need the key dropped for a week. Currently, there is transpose, but that is for VSTs & MIDI Tracks.

Time Stretch, this includes Audio Tracks. For last minute tempo changes.

Track WAVs Referenced, I have a very large folder of STEMS. When I create a SONG in VST Live, it copies that WAV file to the /Projects/audio/Gig folder. I do NOT have Store Assets in Project Folder selected. Is there any way to “reference” the file, instead of copying it? My STEMS folder is nearly 30gb. It would be great if I didn’t have to duplicate every song referenced by VST Live. (Note: my STEMS folder is used for other apps as well.)

I definitely don’t want to turn VST Live into a DAW. I simply believe these are features needed for live performances.

1 Like

If transposing it would be very helpful to have a switch in individual tracks, such as drums, to ignore the transpose. It would need to apply to audio as well as MIDI.

Suggestion: Add measure # to the metronome display. Very useful for players using sheet music.

1 Like

few questions about the sampler tracks :

• Is it possible to assign the “MIDI Reset” button of a sampler track to an external MIDI Controller knob ?

• In a song with multiple Sampler Tracks (all samples in One shot mode), Is there a way to have a global “MIDI reset” button ?
    (like pressing the “MIDI Reset” button of all the sampler track at the same time ?)

• In a song with multiple Sampler Tracks, all my sampler tracks seems to receive all MIDI Channel notes even if the settings of the different sampler tracks are on different channels. Is it normal ?

Or tell me if it is possible to set a sampler track to react to just one note of the my keyboard and ignore the others notes ?
So I could play multiple sampler tracks with the same keyboard ?

Best regards
Arnaud

Good idea, added to next update.

1 Like

Awesome. While you are at it maybe add a streamer or something that can cue to a marker?

What you mean “streamer”?

DP has streamers and punches overlay for their video track that works with markers. The most use I’ve seen for this is in Hans Zimmer’s tour where the playback as a synced video with the bar/beat, name of track, and a left to right visual streamer to cue musicians where they need to come in.

Nuendo has something like that too but a simplified window with just these elements would be a better solution than needing to create and sync dedicated videos, especially if that could be done on the iOS apps without the need to haul around a bunch of video monitors.

1 Like

Good idea for VST Live Modules, we’ll think about it.

1 Like

Will add swipes and countoffs, but not sure when.

1 Like

Sidechain?

I recently bought a new MIDI Keyboard and was very pleased to see, that cubase already have a complete MIDI-Mapping included, so that i can use all the knobs, faders, pads, control to work in cubase.

It would by very nice, if VST Live could have these mappings to, so that we don’t have to configure alle the actions and commands by our own. But just little changes.

3 Likes

Hi,

a metronome clic to hear for headphones in ios app as option. Its for me and my bandmembers, especially for the drummer, easier to hear the metronome instead of watching it on iphone.

thanks.

In VST viewer it would be helpful if you could scroll from one PDF file to another without having to press open and to be able to scroll using a MIDI controller

Please provide a feature to remove unused media from the project directory (similar to Cubase “Remove Unused Media”). Otherwise the project directory will grow over time and it is not possible to manage the media in a meaningful way.

Please provide a feature to export single/multiple tracks to a target location (wav-file). It is possible to export media projects but sometimes it is desirable to export only a single wav file in order to import it into an existing cubase project (for example a recorded pilotrack of a vocal performance).

We’ll check that, thanks.

1 Like

Can we have an easier way to draw a curve, waveform or fade on the DMX channels?

Unless I’m missing something, all I can get it to do is jump between the values which is great if you only want on/off control. The only other way I can see to do this at the moment is to buy a hardware DMX controller and use that to program the fades via recording the DMX input from a lighting desk/controller. Thank you.