FR: Volume Control Directly in Audio-Track's Header

Can we please finally get the option to control an Audio-Track’s volume in the same straight-forward way as we have since ages in case of Groups/FX/VCAs? That way we could mix much faster, without the need to actually access an individual track to see its controls in the Inspector.

… see screenshot:

Thanks a lot in advance!

1 Like

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

Regards
Yannick

Yes please. (As an option though…)

+1

The Track Control Settings would take care for that, I assume. :slight_smile:

+1 !!

+1

+1

+1

If you click the down arrow to ‘show hide automation’ bottom left of the track, you get the volume box you are wanting.

I suppose it’s like the way it is now because, an audio track shows a audio waveform, and group and fx tracks have nothing to show, so they show the volume automation lane.

but there could be a volume box fader pop up (and automation overlay over the audio for that matter) without needing to open additional lanes.

There already exists the option to show a waveform under the automation tracks called ‘show data on tracks’ in the automation panel, so perhaps just consolidate that idea into options such as “you see the waveform but no automation” “you see a lower opacity waveform under a automation line” without taking up double room (ie an additional automation lane)

That seems logical but I think it should probably change. The whole idea behind having tiny buttons etc in a narrow lane is so we can access what we need without focusing or expanding the channel. So having to expand to show the automation lane may seem logical from a programming standpoint but it’s less convenient from a user perspective.

I actually don’t use this that often compared to using a controller or the mix window, but it does happen (in Pro Tools). It definitely is convenient to have access to this every now and then, and I can imagine that some other users with a different workflow use it more frequently than me.

I think moving it should maybe be a feature request then.

I have too admit that I grew very fond of the “one window shows it all” paradigm during the years. When I work in ProTools I hardly open the mixer window at all. Volume, pan, inserts, sends … all important info is in the track header, clearly discernible and easy to access, even at smallest zoom levels.

+1!!!!

+1 !!

Hahaha, three years later … . :smiley:

I’ll just join the choir spanning the eons

+1!